23 - Betrayal

The world around her was fuzzy. Each time her eyes would open, she would close them back again as the pain at the back of her neck and head was still aching. She let out a groan when she tried to stand back up. However, once she managed to get on her knees, the woman was pushed back down by a strong force on her back. She whimpered, trying to get away from whatever was holding her down. She turned around to see a feminine figure, her face hidden by a hood and face mask. The feminine figure put more strength in her foot, making [F/n] wince in pain.

"Get the fuck off of me, asshole!" The agent desperately cried out.

The laugh that came out of this woman was.. very familiar. Too familiar. "And why would I do that?" The voice too.

She let out a sigh as she knew she could not get away from this situation that easily. "What do you want from me?"

She took her foot off of her and kicked [F/n] in the stomach, sending her flying across the room. The agent crashed on a desk and cried out. She collapsed on the floor loudly again and struggled to get up again.

"I have been waiting for this moment... I can finally kill you and bury your body so no one can find you."

[A/n] lifted her head up towards the figure that was growing closer and closer. Her face was revealed as she got in front of the only source of light in the room.

Before [A/n] stood herself.

"Why do you hate me so much?" The agent asked.

The mirror scoffed before letting out a hysterical laugh. "Are you really asking this question? Are you living so much into this dreamlife that you forgot about much you hated yourself?!" [A/n]'s gaze turned into a heavy frown as she listened to whatever her double had to say. "You're so much better than me, [F/n]. You've got friends, a lover, and people that actually care about you... And you escaped your nightmares. Why can't I have the same?"

[A/n] got on her feet and looked at her double with an annoyed face. "I don't know and I don't care about your little problems. Go take care of your own shit and fuck off!"

The mirror did not seem happy about her answer. "I won't let a piece of shit like you live another day."

Her double launched herself forward, fist up in the air. [A/n] easily avoided it and retaliated by hitting her face with her elbow. Mirror [A/n] groaned in pain, holding her face. Her eyes were burning with an anger that she had never seen before. Did she have the same eyes before the protocol when she looked at her own self in hatred in the mirror? Loathing was the only visible trait that animated this person. However, [F/n] did not leave her time to move. She quickly ran towards her again to land another hit to hopefully knock her out.

BANG

A loud noise echoed in the room. The two women froze as a bullet passed right between them. That sound was familiar to both of them. [F/n] turned around to face the third person that joined this fight. To the other side of the room stood the most narcissistic agent of the protocol with his short brown hair on top of his head that was perfectly slicked back and his brown eyes that were framed behind thick black-framed glasses. The French man was holding his sniper, aiming down at both of them.

"Chamber!" They both said at the same time. Their gazes met again, gritting their teeth at each other.

"[F/n], stop that. You'll get caught if you stay there."

[A/n] stared at him with a frown. Why would he... No. It was not her Chamber... She could tell. It was Omega's. "Fuck off, Chamber! I'm not going back!"

"I am not leaving you behind! We need to leave before the other comes!" He shouted back at her. Chamber did not seem like a man who shouted often. He always made sure to appear calm and collected, his fake smile emphasizing a falsely friendly nature that no one actually trusted in the protocol. "They are close! You won't get out alive!"