19 - Infiltration

"I don't feel comfortable around here, Vincent."

"Well, that's our only way in, mon amour. Don't worry, I have your back."

She sighed, cutting the line with him. What did she agree on?

Chamber had a deal to make with one important future client. However, he did not just want the money for selling guns to him, he wanted to steal the information he had about Kingdom Corporation. This client is very important within this company so he had to have keys to access some shady data about Kingdom. Why did Chamber want that? [F/n] had no idea and questioning the French man would not get her anywhere. Yet, here she was at this stupid dinner party or whatever because he kindly asked her to.

[A/n] sighed again, having had to dress up and put on some make-up for the occasion. It was really not something that she was used to and she did not feel comfortable. In spite of all, Chamber's pleading face when he had asked was too hard to resist.

The woman walked alone aimlessly in this party. She had to play the dumb, shy woman, acting like it was her first party - which was in a way. She had a glass of champagne in her hands, turning it between her fingers as her eyes traveled the room.

"Looking for something, my lady?" a male voice said behind her.

She acted surprised, jumping slightly like she had not expected him to come with the two men next to him. It was the client's children. "Sorry, Miss, we didn't mean to scare you. But you looked so lost."

[F/n] looked down, blushing a little. "No, no, I apologize for being so rude! I was actually looking for someone, yes, but I can't find them anywhere," she chuckled, readjusting her formal outfit.

"We can help you. What's your name?"

"Rose," she lied, a shy smile gracing her lips.

"What a beautiful name," the first man said, walking closer to her. She took a step back when he did. "Would you like to have a drink with us?"

"But... You said you would help me find this person," she stumbled upon words, frowning.

"We can always go search for them after a drink or two?" the last one insisted.

Were they trying to get her drugged or something? In any case, she should not get close to them despite them being Mr. Jawkiller's sons. "I'm sorry, misters, but I'd rather find-"

"Don't be so stiff!" they continued to insist, getting slightly pissed. [A/n] tried to find Chamber to escape from this situation. Once, she spotted him, she walked towards him, the three following closely. She hid behind Chamber so he could shield her from the three strange men trailing her. Vincent looked behind his back with a surprised look, then up to the people bothering his lover.

"Is there a problem, Messieurs?" he asked with a smile, putting an arm around [F/n] protectively.

One of them stepped in. "We were just offering a drink but I think we scared her."

"Is that your woman?"

Chamber chuckled, shaking his head. "She's my cousin. She's very shy and has a difficult time warming up to strangers." He observed them, immediately noticing that it was their target's sons. They were all in their twenties, one close to thirty. They had a bad reputation with women as they enjoyed spending time looking for easy prey to get their hands around.

"Vincent," she whined behind, holding onto his vest. Chamber was not used to seeing her shy and clingy like that, it was adorable. He knew she was just playing but it did not change anything.

"Don't worry, Rose. I'm here. You're Mr. Jawkiller's sons? I am Vincent Fabron, his new business partner."

The faces they made when he told them his name were priceless. They turned pale, realizing their big mistake. Out of nowhere, someone else appeared and stood between Vincent and the three men. "I apologize on behalf of my children, they seemed to have bothered this lovely lady over there."