22 - Back on the field

The commander had called for a meeting for a future mission. The Agents mobilized for this next mission were Chamber, [A/n], and Kay/O. Brimstone described it as a simple scouting mission where they had to collect data on the environment that had a strong concentration of radianite. There had not been any activities of Mirror Earth detected but they had to make sure they had not set foot here yet during their research.

[F/n] slipped on the black outfit that she used on the field before she headed out to the ship. Chamber was already present when she got there in his usual white shirt with his blue vest on... She always wondered how he could work with that all the time. Kay/O was also already on board, glancing at her when she stepped inside.

"Everyone is here. We can go," he said as he sat down on one of the seats and crossed his arms.

Vincent smiled at her when [A/n] got inside. He took her hand and led her to a seat next to him. "I missed you, mon amour," he purred against her ear so she would be the only one to hear. He did not care if people saw them being flirty with each other but there are some things he preferred keeping private such as the sweet nothing he liked to whisper in her ear. She was the only one to deserve such words and the only one to earn seeing the madly in love man he was.

A smile spread across her face and a giggle escaped her lips. "We slept in the same bed. You were literally begging me last night to sleep with me."

"But you left so quickly this morning, it made me sad." He pursed out his bottom lip while he stared at her with puppy eyes. Chamber could act like a real child when he was around her which seemed to catch the robot agent's attention.

"I didn't know you were such a child in private, Chamber," he commented with a scoff. He did not mean to eavesdrop but the ship was not big enough to keep private conversations. 

Chamber composed himself again and sat up straight in his chair. "Kay/O, it's not polite to listen to people's conversation, my friend."

"Then, don't hold such a conversation while I'm right next to you." He sighed. He was already fed up with him.

"Sorry, Kay/O. We won't continue, promise." [A/n] looked his way and gave him an apologetic smile.

The robot only hummed and went on to play with his knife. He was never talkative around [A/n], which she could not explain. She tried to ask him but he would never answer. The only conclusion she could draw was because she was a Radiant and committed grave crimes in her past that probably did not escape his radar. Kay/O was not the most friendly towards Radiants but he had been opening it up a bit more towards some like Phoenix.

The flight took an hour or so but Chamber kept it interesting as he made conversations with the other two to make it less awkward. Finally, they were able to catch a glance at this area. They landed in New Merixo in this abandoned research facility that was once animated with Kingdom Corporation and Kingdom Industries. Sadly, it was destroyed when the large Radian collider exploded. Many lives were lost in this accident but most of the facility was still there along with answers to the protocol so they could build a portal that would lead them to Omega Earth. The portal was mostly finished now but it still needed a strong power capacity which Neon could provide. However, this was still a very heated debate in the protocol as Chamber and Neon kept going at each other on that matter.

Eventually, the ship landed on the deserted ground and the three jumped out of it. "Let's split up. We'll go faster that way," Kay/O said to the two of them who nodded.

"Sounds good. The faster it's done, the faster we go home!" [A/n] just wanted to spend a bit of time with Chamber. They did not spend much time together ever since that accident. Brimstone would not let her go to his place as he would rather have her in the base just in case her mirror tried to sneak in as her. He was always very strict with the safety of anyone around the base and this situation made him act even more stern. She did not mind but it did make it difficult for alone time with her boyfriend. He had not required her for any missions either. If she was honest with herself, she wanted to know his aim, what he sought, and what was this bigger picture he always talked about. Now and then, she tried to ask him but he would always dismiss her or change the subject.