Ch. 4 You will be our ticket to survive the Mirkwood Forest

Luna's silver-grey eyes blinked when she heard only the crickets speak. She looked at her surroundings and saw everyone except Gandalf and Bilbo stare at her warily. 

" Is everything alright?" Luna asked. 

Immediately all of the Dwarves except Thorin grabbed their weapons and aimed them at Luna. 

" You're an Elf!" Nori sternly shouts. 

Luna adorably tilts her head, looking and feeling confused. 

" An Elf? No, I am a Witch," Luna reassures. 

Thorin's sapphire blue eyes intently stared at Luna's diamond-like eyes. 

' Even though this maiden's appearance is that of an Elf, she looks nothing like those Elves I have seen before,' Thorin tells himself, recalling the moment he saw the Elven King, Thranduil, and his Army for the first time when his Kingdom got attacked by the Smaug. 

Thorin sternly stared at Luna since he remembered that the Elves didn't help his people when the Smaug attacked his Kingdom and the Beast claimed it as theirs. 

" Uncle. Say the word, and we will slaughter this Elf for you," Kili firmly speaks while Fili nods his head. 

Luna turns her gaze to Thorin, and her silver-grey eyes intently stare at his dark blue eyes. 

Thorin wanted so badly to have Luna killed because of her physical appearance. But something in the back of his neck tells him not to harm the maiden. He looks away and begins to scratch his neck with his right hand. 

Bilbo immediately stood between Luna and the Dwarves. He held his arms out, making himself a physical shield to protect Luna. 

" If you all think about killing the young maiden. Then you have to kill me!" Bilbo firmly speaks. 

Bilbo didn't know why, but something about Luna made him feel protective of her. He knew he could get killed easily by the Dwarves since he was shorter than them and had less experience when it came to fighting. 

Thorin tensed up when he heard Bilbo's voice. He turns his gaze to the Hobbit, and he sees him standing in between Luna and his men. He didn't want to risk losing the stealthy burglar that would retrieve his family's heirloom to him. 

" No need to kill her," Gandalf the Grey speak, causing everyone to stare at him. 

" I agree," Thorin mumbled, causing all of his men to stare at him in disbelief. 

Luna softly smiled at Thorin. 

" She can help us on our quest," Thorin's sapphire blue eyes intently stared at Luna's diamond-like eyes. 

" I think the fall he had when saving her messed up his head," Fili mumbled while the others begrudgingly agreed with the young Dwarf. 

Thorin annoyingly rolled his sapphire blue eyes at his men. 

" Oooo. A quest. What kind of quest?" Luna asked, looking and sounding intrigued despite almost getting killed. 

" We are planning to get to the Lonely Mountain. We need to go through this massive forest called Mirkwood to get there. Mirkwood is Elven's territory. Since your appearance is an Elf, we can tell them that you were lost and planned to get back home and that the others and I were only passing through. They would let us go through with no bloodshed thanks to you while you will be safe with your kind," Thorin firmly speaks. 

" But, I am not an Elf, though. I am a Witch," Luna frowned. 

" I think that fall also made her lose her marbles," Fili mumbled. 

Bilbo grabs his backpack, and he holds it in front of him. He rummaged through the bag, and he pulled out a mirror. 

" Here you go, my Dear. I suggest you look at yourself," Bilbo turns, and he holds the mirror to Luna. 

Luna's silver-grey eyes blinked, looking and feeling confused. She grabs the mirror, and she looks at herself curiously. Even though the mirror was small, she was able to look at her appearance. 

" No way," Luna mouths out, looking and feeling surprised to see how much her physical appearance has changed from a human to an Elf. 

" I'm an Elf!" Luna gasped while lifting her head and looking at everyone in awe. 

" Yes, you are. And you will be our ticket to survive the Mirkwood Forest," Thorin firmly speaks, and he turns around to face his men. 

" Alright! Let's get going. We need to leave this forest and head to the next Village for more supplies. And that Village is Rivendell," Thorin tells everyone, and he begins to walk. 

" Yeah!" All the Dwarves cheered, and they began to follow Thorin. 

Luna silently watched them leave, and she turned around to stare at the Three Stone Trolls. 

" I am so sorry," Luna apologized, looking and feeling guilty for accidentally killing three innocent creatures. 

" Lady Luna. We should get going. We should not get left behind," Bilbo softly smiled. 

Luna looks away, and she turns her gaze to Bilbo. 

" Yes. Let's get going. I am curious to see what this world is like," Luna excitedly speaks, and she begins to walk with Bilbo and Gandalf the Grey. 

Bilbo raised an eyebrow, looking and feeling confused by Luna's response. 

" And what do you mean by how this world is like?" Bilbo asked. 

" Oh! I am not from this world actually," Luna honestly speaks while giving the mirror back to Bilbo, and she begins to run towards the Dwarves gracefully. 

Bilbo briefly stopped walking as he stared at Luna in disbelief. He then turns his gaze to Gandalf the Grey. 

" Is there such a thing as other worlds?" Bilbo asked, looking and sounding curious. 

" Who knows," Gandalf the Grey mysteriously speaks, and he continues to walk and follow the others. 

" Fascinating," Bilbo whispered, and he brightly smiled, wanting to know more about Luna and her world. " Luna! My Dear, wait up!" He shouts, putting away his mirror in his backpack, and he runs after the mysterious, beautiful maiden. 

Gandalf the Grey calmly walks behind the others and stares at Luna curiously. He watched her run through the other Dwarves to get to Thorin. He hummed as he glanced to the full moon and wondered what kind of purpose the young Witch has in their world that she came from another world. He remembered from the prophecy that a Mistress of Light would bring back peace into their world.