Ch. 15 Take us to Rivendell

Legolas and his men made it out of the Mirkwood Forest safely. The group traveled to the Mountains with some hurdles. They fought against Orcs, who hated Elves and fought against thieves who wanted to steal their Horses and goods. They decided to take a break and camp out, with Legolas on the lookout.

Legolas lifts his head and stares at the Moon. His eyes dimmed, recalling the moment between his Father, Thranduil, and the illusion of his Father's Soul Mate, Luna Lovegood, in his Chambers.

He knows Thranduil and Celeste's relationship was platonic because they were childhood friends. He also knows that they love him deeply despite his purpose as the Mirkwood Kingdom's Heir because many fear his Father's Soul Mate will never appear and his Father will die lonesome.

Before making his presence known, he saw the longing in Thranduil's eyes when he and the fake Luna touched their foreheads. Thus, he is determined to find Luna and ensure her safety. All he wants is for his Father to be happy.

Some pebbles nearby got kicked, causing Legolas to grab his bow and arrow. He winced when his right arm started to burn out of nowhere. His eyes narrowed, looking at his weapon with mixed emotions. He puts the arrow in the bow and turns, seeing a man with dark hair and green eyes that reminded him of Emeralds.

" Who are you?" He asked, eyeing the intruder.

" Just an Archer walking by." The Man responded, aiming his bow and arrow at him.

His emerald green eyes intently stared at Legolas' blue eyes.

" If you are walking by, why aim your arrow at me?" Legolas firmly states.

Hearing Legolas' voice, his guards surrounded him and the Man. Their weapons are aimed at the Man, ready to strike with Legolas' command.

" I have faced various creatures." The Man eyed the guards from the corner of his eye while looking at Legolas. " It is best to be cautious." He says.

" You must be a human. What is your name?" Legolas asked since he noticed the Man doesn't have Elven ears like him and his Guards.

" Bard of Lake-Town. Also known as Bard of the Fallen Kingdom of Dale." The Man greeted.

" The Kingdom of Dale. I have heard of what transpired. So many tragedies caused by the Smaug." Legolas eyed the arrow.

" The Smaug has killed many of my people." Bard sneered. " I have traveled far to find allies to help me defeat the Smaug to reclaim my Kingdom and bring it back to its former glory." He looked at Legolas curiously.

" I have also lost people because of the Smaug. One of them being my Mother." Legolas confessed.

Bard slowly puts his bow and arrow down.

" We have the same agenda. Death to the Smuag." He realized.

Legolas hummed, wondering if Bard had gone to Rivendell. He has never been there in person.

" Have you gone to Rivendell? It is an Elven territory. One of its rulers is a close friend of my Fathers." He asked.

Bard's hands tightly grasped the bow and arrow.

Legolas did the same thing, and he understood why Bard was cautious because of what he had gone through.

" I have gone there before. The path to Rivendell is still fresh in my Mind." Bard nodded.

" Would you perhaps guide us to Rivendell?" Legolas asked.

His guards looked at Legolas as though he had grown a second head.

Bard raised an eyebrow, looking at Legolas from head to toe. Subconsciously, he rubbed his right arm since it'd been itching him.

Legolas intently stared at Bard.