Ch. 11 You are my beautiful Moon

An hour later, everyone finished eating their meals and felt stuffed. Luna grabs a cloth and wipes her mouth with it. She turns her gaze to Lord Elrond and smiles at him.

" The meal was delicious. Tell your Chefs thank you for making such tasty dishes." Luna speaks.

" Of course." Lord Elrond nodded.

Luna's sparkly silver-grey eyes blinked. She placed her right hand on her mouth and yawned, tired since the journey and dinner had worn her out.

Lord Elrond and Thorin stared at Luna.

" We should continue our journey." Thorin stands, causing everyone to stare at him. " We must get to Mirkwood as soon as possible." He reminded Luna.

" That's right." Luna nodded. She stands, causing Lord Elrond to look at her in worry.

" No need." Lord Elrond stands and places his hand gently on Luna's shoulder, causing her to look at him. " You and your companions came far and must be exhausted." His blue eyes intently stared at her sparkly silver-grey eyes.

" We can rest outside Rivendell," Thorin commented, causing Luna to look at both men with mixed emotions.

" I think it's for the best we rest here, Lady Lovegood." Willow softly speaks to Luna.

" I agree with Willow! We need to recharge, and if you leave Rivendell, who knows what dangers await us." Tilly murmured, sounding concerned.

" I would rather be safe than dead," Blaze muttered, getting a grunt from Zephyr in agreement.

Luna listened to her Nargles and hummed, seeing everyone look at her.

" I think it is for the best that we rest at Rivendell." Luna saw Thorin about to retort, but she continued. " We do need to get more supplies for our journey. And I saw that this Kingdom has a market." She and the Dwarf King stare at one another intently.

" And it's already nighttime." Luna turns to look out the window, seeing the stars.

" I suggest you listen to Her Highness." Lord Elrond glanced at Thorin, causing the two to glare at each other.

Lord Elrond couldn't risk his dear friend's important guest getting hurt. Meanwhile, Thorin is eager to get out of Rivendell because he doesn't trust being in Elven territory.

Luna turns and sees Lord Elrond and Thorin glaring at each other. She could sense the tension rising between the two.

" Both of you, stop acting like children!" Luna snapped, getting a headache.

Lord Elrond and Thorin turned their gaze to Luna.

" We aren't acting like children." The two men retort.

" You two are lying." Luna shakes her head. " There is intense hatred between you two." She looks at them.

" We do not hate each other." Thorin shook his head while Lord Elrond nodded in agreement.

Luna looked at Thorin and Lord Elrond as though they were idiots. She could sense that Thorin was lying to her.

" Can someone escort me to my bedroom?" Luna asked, feeling annoyed.

" I shall escort you to your bedroom, Your Highness!" Bilbo stepped forward, feeling disappointed in Thorin.

" Thank you," Luna's gaze softened when she saw Bilbo approach her. " Have a good evening, everyone. I shall speak to you all in the morning." She walks with the Hobbit out of the dining room.