Ch. 10 Dinner at Rivendell

Bilbo stood in his bedroom, looking at his surroundings in awe. The room looked massive compared to his home in Hobbiton. Then again, everything is always huge for the shorter male.

" This bedroom is beautiful and enchanting. And the architecture and paintings differ from that of Hobbiton." Bilbo murmured. His hands twitched, eager to take something from the bedroom and sell it to a merchant to get money.

' Merchants would drool if I sold them something of Elven caliber. I could stop thieving and become rich!' Bilbo internally shouts. ' Maybe selling all of these items could also help me start finding suitable publishers for my book!' He brightly smiled.

A knock on the door grabbed Bilbo's attention. " Come in!" He shouts and turns around to see the door open, revealing Luna.

" Bilbo! Dinner is ready. Let's go. Lord Elrond will be escorting us to the dining room." Luna warmly smiled.

Bilbo internally bit his cheek. ' Then again, I do not want to risk getting killed by Lord Elrond if he learned that his belongings got stolen. And I also do not want to break my Dear Luna's trust.' He internally speaks.

" Oh! That is wonderful. I am curious to try Elven cuisine." Bilbo approaches Luna, and he steps out of his bedroom, closing the door behind him.

" Is Elven cuisine different from Hobbits?" Luna asked while looking at Bilbo and Lord Elrond.

" Very different," Bilbo responded while Lord Elrond nodded in agreement.

" I am curious to try Elven cuisine." Luna smiled, causing Lord Elrond to look at her with a raised eyebrow.

" Your Kingdom does not serve Elven cuisine?" Lord Elrond asked.

" No? But maybe the dishes are similar, but my Kingdom calls them different. So, let's see and find out." Luna giggled.

Lord Elrond nodded. " The others must be waiting for us at the dining table." He begins to walk with Luna and Bilbo to the dining room.

" Tell me, those Drwaves that accompany you. Have they been treating you well?" Lord Elrond asked.

" They were wary of my father and me at first, and when I asked why. One of them, Thorin, told me that his Kind and Elves from his homeland have a terrible history. My father assured them that the Elves of Hogwarts would treat Thorin and his people equally. So when the war started, Thorin and Gandalf the Grey safely escorted me out of there. Thorin assured me that the Elves of his homeland would protect me, so he and his people promised to escort me to Mirkwood." Luna explained.

" And it's been months since we traveled, so I got to know them very well." Luna softly smiled.

" I see." Lord Elrond nodded. " Rest assured. You will be safe here at Rivendell. I sent word to Mirkwood of your presence. I will soon get a response from them, and they will send escorts to you to ensure your safe travel to Mirkwood." He looks at Luna.

" How wonderful! I hope whoever rules Mirkwood will be okay giving me sanctuary." Luna lightly plays with her fingers, looking nervous.

" I know he will." Lord Elrond reassured. " For the time being, consider Rivendell a temporary home for you and your servant." He glanced at Bilbo.

" Very kind of you!" Luna warmly smiled.

Bilbo faked a smile, but internally he was anxious. He knew Thorin would not agree to stay at Rivendell because he and his companions needed to go to The Lonely Mountain to confront and defeat the Smaug to regain their Kingdom.

Lord Elrond, Luna, and Bilbo arrived at the dining room with the servant. They looked forward and saw Gandalf the Grey, Thorin, and the rest of the Dwarves sitting at the dining table.