Ch. 14 Sticky Toffee Pudding

Luna leaves the palace with Bilbo, her servants, and bodyguards. She walks past the gates and into the Village. She smiled, looking at her surroundings, seeing various flowers, Games, food, and clothing booths, a place where musicians can perform, and people can dance to the music.

" It's beautiful!" She looks at her companions and smiles at them.

" Oh my! So many flowers," Bilbo looks at his surroundings in awe.

" There are so many things you can do here, Your Highness." Blossom and Rose smiled.

Luna hummed, looking at her surroundings curiously. She closed her eyes, and her nose wrinkled, smelling a familiar scent that reminded her of back home when she was alive before getting transported into this World.

She begins to walk towards the familiar scent, causing Bilbo, her servants, and her bodyguards to follow her.

" Where are we heading?" Bilbo asked, looking at Luna.

His eyebrows rose when he saw that Luna's eyes were closed. However, he noticed that she had a smile.

Luna stopped walking and stood before a Food Booth. She opened her eyes and smiled when she spotted a familiar pastry.

" What is that?" She asked, looking at the merchant.

" That, my Dear, is a Sticky Pudding." The merchant responded.

" Is one of the ingredients Toffee?" Luna looked at the pastry with familiarity, which Bilbo noticed.

" It is made of Demerara sugar, my Dear." The merchant says.

Luna tilts her head.

" It has a subtle caramel taste. Would you like to try it?" The merchant asked, grabbing a plate with a Sticky Pudding slice.

" How much?" Luna asked.

" Two silver pennies will suffice, my Dear." The merchant smiled.

Luna looked at her companions and wondered if they had money since she had none.

Bilbo could see that Luna wanted the pastry. He pulls two silver pennies from his money pouch and hands it to the merchant.

" I am grateful for your kindness, Bilbo." Luna smiled.

" No need to thank me, my Dear. I can see the longing in your eyes when you were looking at that pastry." Bilbo commented.

Luna takes the plate from the merchant and looks at the pastry fondly.

" My Mother back home used to make Sticky Toffee Pudding." She begins to walk away with the others following behind her.

" Ah! That is why you asked if one of its ingredients was Toffee." Bilbo remarked.

Luna grabs the fork and takes a bite of the pastry. Tears welled up in the eyes when she tasted the similarity of the two pastries.

" It tastes the same!" She smiled.

Bilbo smiled.

The group had so much fun at the festival that they did not see the sky changing colors from morning to nighttime.

" The stars have appeared! Oh, Dear! It is now nighttime. We should get back to the palace. Everyone should be worried about your whereabouts." Bilbo looked at Luna.

Luna walked barefoot since she danced all day with so many people. She had so much fun even though she knew her feet would get sore the next day due to the shoes she wore.

" Yes. Let's get going." She covered her yawn with her sleeve, getting tired.

" If I knew I was going to be dancing so much. I should have brought slippers with me. Oh, well! I had fun nonetheless." She giggled.

Bilbo amusingly chuckles.

The group left the festival and arrived at the palace. The guards ensured Luna and her companions were safe inside before they went their separate ways.

" Did you have fun?" A voice greeted them.

Luna turned and smiled when she saw Gandalf the Grey.

" I did! I ate, played games, and danced!" She held her shoes in her hands.

" She is a talented dancer, Gandalf." Bilbo praised.

" Good! You have returned." A voice says.

Luna turned and saw Thorin looking annoyed.

" What got your knickers in a twist?" She asked.

Gandalf the Grey and Bilbo looked at Luna with mixed emotions over her response.

" My what?" Thorin's forehead twitched.

" You seem annoyed." Luna stared.

" I'm not." Thorin lied.

" You are lying." Luna's eyes narrowed.

" We were supposed to have left Rivendell to get to the Mountains to camp by now!" Thorin glared.

" He has been upset all day, Your Highness," Balin says.

" He almost fought Lord Elrond." Dwalin glanced at His King.

" Uncle has been muttering about us being at the Mountains by now," Fili says while Kili nods.

Thorin glared at his Men.

" Thorin. Luna deserves some fun, especially for what she has gone through. Don't be selfish!" Bilbo scolded.

" Me? Selfish! I am not! My Men and I are trying to regain our Kingdom from the Smaug." Thorin retorted.

" But Princess over here thought it is best to hold us back." He looked, and his eyes blinked when he saw Luna stare at him kindly, but he saw a shadowy aura surround her.

" Do you want to know something, Thorin Oakenshield, the Dwarf King of Erebor?" Luna asked.

Thorin stared, wondering how Luna knew of his title.

" She said his whole name. Oooo. Uncle is in trouble." Fili whispered to Kili.

Unbeknownst to the group, Lord Elrond was watching the interaction from behind the wall.

" I am usually a kind and patient individual. But when someone pops that bubble, a Warrior that has gone through a horrific War comes out of me." Luna held her hand out, and white light-like spikes came out, pinning Thorin against the wall, surprising everyone.

Gandalf the Grey looked at Luna, amazed to see how much power the young Elven Witch had.

' As expected of the Valar's Beloved Moon.' He internally says.

Lord Elrond looked amazed when he saw the massive white light-like spikes.

' That Dwarf had it coming.' He internally says.

Bilbo, standing next to Luna, looked shocked. He was shocked that so much power came from inside such a sweet soul like Luna.

" Not only that, I am tired!" Luna glares.

" Female Dwarves do get a nasty temper when they are tired." Oin reminded Thorin. " So, I am not surprised that an Elven Witch like herself has that same nasty temper when tired." He glanced at His King.

" I am going to bed!" She drops her hand, causing the white light-like spears to disappear.

Thorin falls to the ground since he didn't expect that to happen. He watched Luna leave the room with her servants following behind her.

" Honestly, Thorin. You need to work on your Social Cues, as the Humans say." Bilbo shakes his head, looking disappointed. He turns and walks away, following the same pathway as Luna since his room is in the same Wing.

The rest of the Dwarves looked at Thorin. Kili and Fili approached their Uncle and helped him to his feet.

Upset, Thorin shoved his nephews to the side as he turned and walked away to his Chambers for the night.

" I think we all need some good rest and a healthy breakfast in the Morning." Gandalf the Grey smiled, pushing the negativity away.

Everyone, including Lord Elrond, went their separate ways to call it the night.