Ch. 9 Bring her home

Thranduil walked towards the window and stood, looking at the Village below the Castle with mixed emotions. He saw his people doing everyday things and wondered what his Soul Mate would think of his Elven Kingdom, Mirkwood.

Legolas stood behind Thranduil, watching his father stare at their Kingdom with a concentrative expression.

' I know I promised Atar to search for his other half. But, where do I even begin to look?' Legolas internally asked.

Thranduil closed his icy-blue eyes, feeling his long straight silver-blonde hair dance with the wind. His hands tightly grasped the marble railing as he tried to picture how his Soul Mate looked.

Legolas opened his mouth to excuse himself so he could start searching for Thranduil's Soul Mate, but he stopped when he saw a glowing blue orb heading in their direction.

" Atar! Stand back! A messenger is approaching!" Legolas grabbed Thranduil's attention. The Elven King opened his icy-blue eyes and stepped back when he saw the glowing blue orb entering his chambers via the window.

Thranduil and Legolas turned to the glowing blue orb and saw it transform into a beautiful and graceful Swan.

" Isn't that-" Legolas whispered.

" Yes. It's Lord Elrond's." Thranduil softly responded. He saw the glowing Swan approach him. He held his hand to the feathered creature and watched the bird nuzzle it.

" Your Royal Highness. I have fascinating news to inform you. Today, at Rivendell, my guards notified me of a unique group of travelers. The reason I said unique is that one of them is an Elf. And not just any Elf, but one of royal caliber such as yourself. This Elf is a Crown Princess from a faraway Kingdom called Hogwarts! I will show you how she looks." Thranduil and Legolas heard Lord Elrond's voice via the glowing Swan.

Thranduil and Legolas watched a misty image appear above the glowing Swan. They saw a beautiful female Elf with long wavy golden blonde hair and unique sparkly silver-grey eyes. She wore an Elven royal attire despite it being dirty from her journey.

Thranduil and Legolas stared at the beautiful female Elf with mixed emotions.

" Her name is Luna Lovegood. Her Kingdom was under attack, and her father sent her off with Gandalf the Grey. They came far to seek haven and protection at Mirkwood." Lord Elrond explained.

" Luna Lovegood," Thranduil whispered. Mentioning her name caused his right shoulder to burn, letting him know that the beautiful female Elf before him was his Soul Mate.

" Legolas. This woman is my Soul Mate." Thranduil rubbed his right arm while staring at the misty Luna, who was smiling.

Legolas tense up when he learns that the beautiful female Elf is Thranduil's Soul Mate. His light blue eyes narrowed as he intently listened to the message to learn more about Luna.

" Luna and her companions are residing at Rivendell. I gave her shelter since I saw how frail and dirty she looked. When you can, please send me your messenger so I know if you plan to have Her Highness Luna seek refuge at Mirkwood." The glowing Swan disappeared.

Thranduil reached his right hand out to the misty Luna, but she disappeared along with the glowing Swan. His hand tightened into a fist when he saw his Soul Mate disappear.

Legolas turns his gaze to Thranduil. " Atar!" He called out, grabbing his father's attention. " Do not fret! I shall go to Rivendell to retrieve Lady Lovegood." His light blue eyes intently stared at the Elven King's icy-blue eyes.

" I shall even bring an army with me if you are worried about her safety." Legolas saw Thranduil stare at him with a worried gaze.

Thranduil put his hand on Legolas' shoulder.

" Bring her home," Thranduil whispered.

Legolas nodded.

Thranduil watched Legolas leave his chambers. He heard the doors get closed, causing his disfigurement to appear. He turned his gaze to the body mirror and looked at himself with mixed emotions.

" My Beautiful Moon." Thranduil waved his right hand, causing a fake Luna to appear beside him in the body mirror.

" Would you accept someone like me? Someone weak and frightened to reveal their true self to their child and people?" Thranduil asked.

The fake Luna didn't speak. Instead, she smiled lovingly, slowly causing warmth to melt Thranduil's hardened heart.

" How is it that Valar bestowed me, a vile and weak Elf, such a beautiful and lovely Elf such as you?" Thranduil looked at the fake Luna with mixed emotions.

The fake Luna looked at Thranduil sadly when she heard him speak negatively of himself.

Thranduil put his right hand on the mirror. " Please. Do not look at me that way. Seeing those eyes of yours with sadness wounds my heart." He murmured.

The fake Luna placed her hand on the mirror, looking at Thranduil with sparkly silver-grey eyes.

" Soon. I will see you soon, My Beautiful Moon." Thranduil whispered. He gently leans his head against the mirror, causing the fake Luna to do the same thing.

Legolas returned to Thranduil's chambers, dressed in royal military attire. He opened the door but stopped when he saw Thranduil and the fake Luna having a moment. He sadly smiled since he figured his father was craving to have a partner in his life, and now that Luna had appeared, the Elven King would do anything to retrieve her.

' Atar. Just wait. You will soon have your Queen by your side.' Legolas internally speaks. He closes the door lightly, turns around, and walks away to interact with his men that will accompany him to Rivendell.

Outside, Legolas met with his men, four of Mirkwood's best warriors, who are also his childhood friends.

" Orion. Xavien. Elijah. Thomas. Thank you for coming to meet with me." Legolas speaks.

" Is everything alright?" Orion asked.

" We got your message and came here as quickly as possible." Xavien looks at Legolas.

Elijah and Thomas looked at Legolas with concerned gazes.

" I have a mission, and I want you four to come with me." Legolas firmly speaks.

The four Elven Warriors looked at each other and then at Legolas.

" What is this mission?" They asked.

" Our mission is to go to Rivendell and bring the future Queen of Mirkwood home to my father," Legolas responded.

The four Elven Warriors' eyes widened. They looked at each other with mixed emotions, surprised that their Elven King, Thranduil, had found his Soul Mate.

" Get our horses. We need to get to Rivendell quickly. I don't know how long Lord Elrond can stall Lady Lovegood to stay there before she leaves. I cannot risk any harm to come to her. If something happens to her, I do not want my Atar to succumb to everlasting sorrow." Legolas begins to walk towards the stable with his men following behind him.