Ch. 13 Where is that woman?

Luna ran through the palace hallways, losing Bilbo, Rose, and Blossom. She reached the throne room, spotting Gandalf the Grey admiring the portraits. She approached the older Warlock and stood beside him. 

" These paintings are so beautiful." Luna complimented, causing Gandalf the Grey to glance at her. 

" Good morning, Your Highness." Gandalf the Grey greeted. 

Luna turns her gaze to Gandalf the Grey. 

" You know that I am not royalty. And yet, why did you go through with my plan if you knew Lord Elrond personally?" Luna asked, looking at Gandalf the Grey curiously. 

Gandalf the Grey brushed his long beard with his right hand. " Even though you do not see yourself as royalty. In the eyes of Valar, you are." He merely responded. 

Luna adorably tilts her head. " Valar? What? Who are the Valar?" She asked, looking curious. 

" The Valar are the Gods that watch over this world," Gandalf the Grey responded. 

" So, they are like Lady Hecate in my world, then?" Luna whispered. " She's the Mother of All Magic in my world." She explained when she saw Gandalf the Grey looking at her curiously. 

" In a sense, they are similar." Gandalf the Grey nodded. 

" So the Valar is the reason I am here?" Luna asked. 

Gandalf opens his mouth to say something, but he gets cut off by Bilbo, Rose, and Blossom, who catch up to Luna. 

" There you are! Don't run off like that, My Dear." Bilbo scolded. 

Rose and Blossom sighed in relief, feeling glad that they were able to catch up to Luna. 

" Sorry, Bilbo. Rose. Blossom. I am so excited to leave the palace and explore the Village." Luna apologized. 

" Oh. Do visit the Village. I heard from Servants nearby that today is the Festival of Colors." Gandalf the Grey looks at the others. 

" That is correct! I cannot believe I forgot about it. Today, tomorrow, and the next day is the Festival of Colors." Blossom and Rose looked at each other and then smiled at Luna. 

" Ooo! A Festival of Colors. That sounds mesmerizing." Luna brightly smiled. " We should go and have fun." She turns her gaze to Bilbo.  

" Luna, My Dear. Thorin and the others will not be thrilled with this idea. They are keen about leaving Rivendell to continue their journey to the Lonely Mountain." Bilbo looked at Luna worryingly. 

" We can leave Rivendell once the Festival of Color ends, Bilbo. We have been on a journey for so long. It is time for us to relax." Luna grabs Bilbo's hands and lightly squeezes them. 

Bilbo shyly stared at Luna since the sunlight made her look like an Angel. " A short vacation sounds lovely, My Dear." He softly smiled. 

Gandalf the Grey amusingly stared at Bilbo and Luna. " Do not fret. I shall let them know of your location. Go and have fun. You two deserve it." He warmly smiled. 

Luna and Bilbo looked at Gandalf the Grey and smiled. 

" However, knowing Lord Elrond. He would want to make sure that you are safe." Gandalf the Grey looks at Luna. 

" And that is correct. You are an important guest at Rivendell, Your Highness." Lord Elrond enters the throne room with four royal guards. 

Luna turns her gaze to Lord Elrond. 

" You are welcome to have fun. But, I must ensure your safety. That is why these guards will be going with you and your servants." Lord Elrond motioned to the four royal guards standing behind him. 

Luna softly smiled. She knows how to take care of herself because she's a Witch. But she needed Lord Elrond to feel at ease, so she would let the four royal guards go with her. 

" The more, the merrier!" Luna nodded. 

Lord Elrond nodded. He turns to the four royal guards and tells them to keep a close eye on Luna since she's an essential guest to Rivendell and Mirkwood. 

The four royal guards stomped their spears and nodded. They walked past Lord Elrond and went to stand around Luna and her servants in a diamond formation. 

Luna looked at her four royal guards and smiled. " Hello! May I know your names?" She asked. 

The four royal guards looked at each other from the corner of their eyes. They introduced themselves individually, so Luna and her servants knew who they were. 

" My name is Oskar." The first royal guard was introduced. 

" My name is Lukas." The second royal guard was introduced. 

" My name is Aksel." The third royal guard was introduced. 

" And my name is Isak." The fourth royal guard was introduced. 

" Interesting names." Luna nodded. " Thank you for taking time from your busy schedules to care for my servants and me." She softly smiled. 

The four royal guards nodded.n 

" Lord Elrond." Luna turns her gaze to Lord Elrond. " Do you wish to accompany us to the Festival of Colors?" She asked. 

" Thank you for the invitation. But I am busy with meetings and paperwork. Maybe tomorrow." Lord Elrond softly smiled. 

Luna nodded. " We will see you all later!" She waved goodbye. She turns around and walks out of the castle with her servants and the four royal guards. 

Lord Elrond and Gandalf the Grey watched them leave. 

" His Highness, Thranduil, sent a messenger to me." Lord Elrond speaks after the grand doors close, causing Gandalf the Grey to look at him. 

" He is sending the Crown Prince, Legolas, to Rivendell to take Lady Luna to Mirkwood." Lord Elrond explained. 

" I see. And you have your concerns." Gandalf the Grey speaks. 

" It's those Dwarves." Lord Elrond murmured. " I am aware that Lady Luna has them as her Guards. But I cannot shake this feeling that they have a hidden agenda. They will probably use Lady Luna as a ticket to safely pass through Mirkwood to get to the Lonely Mountain, their so-called Kingdom." He sighed.

" And I cannot risk Lady Luna getting harmed. His Highness seemed adamant about Lady Luna being safe." Lord Elrond looks at Gandalf the Grey. 

" I will be with them, my Friend. I will not allow any harm to come to the Crown Princess." Gandalf the Grey reassures. 

Lord Elrond looked at Gandalf the Grey with mixed emotions and nodded. 

" Where is that woman?" A masculine voice speaks. 

Lord Elrond and Gandalf the Grey turned to see Thorin entering the throne room with his men following him. 

" If you mean, Her Highness, Lady Luna. Then she's not here. She's in town, having fun at the Festival of Colors." Lord Elrond's blue eyes intently stared at Thorin. 

" Festival of Colors? What is that?" Thorin asked with a raised eyebrow. 

" It's to celebrate Winter becoming Spring and all the beautiful flowers that blossomed through Middle Earth," Balin explains to his King. 

" At least one of your men is Knowledgeable regarding Middle Earths Cultures and Traditions, unlike their so-called King." Lord Elrond sneered. 

Thorin glares at Lord Elrond. 

" She cannot stay at that festival. She must leave Rivendell with us immediately!" Thorin firmly speaks. 

Lord Elrond pulls out his sword, causing all the Dwarves behind Thorin to pull out their weapons. 

" I cannot allow you to take Lady Luna from here. If you wish to take her, you need to fight me." Lord Elrond threatened. 

Gandalf the Grey sighed, seeing Lord Elrond and the Dwarves glaring at each other. He looked away and turned his gaze to the window, watching Luna and the others entering the Village. 

' Take as much time as you need to have fun, Young Lady. You deserve it before politics and royal affairs come to you.' Gandalf the Grey internally speaks.