Ch. 6 Rivendell

It took several hours and a couple of breaks for Luna and her companions to arrive at a small forest near a town. Thorin stopped walking, standing on a hill and looking at the village. Luna bumps against him since she was skipping earlier. The other Dwarves, Bilbo and Gandalf the Grey, stare at the duo amusingly.

Thorin turns his head back slightly to stare at Luna. Luna's silver-grey eyes intently stared at him. He looks away and stares at the nearby town with mixed emotions.

" What is going on? Why are we stopping? Is this Mirkwood?" Luna asked while staring at the nearby town from her viewpoint. " It's beautiful," She softly smiled.

Thorin shakes his head

Thorin shakes his head. " It's not Mirkwood," He responded. " That is the palace of an Elven nobleman named Elrond. He rules this town called Rivendell, and it is Elven territory," He glanced at Luna and hummed.

" We need to stock up on supplies, and I know Elves hate us, Dwarves-," Thorin annoyingly rolled his dark blue eyes. "-But, I think with you by our side, they will tolerate us," He speaks.

" Is all of us going or just you two?" Bilbo asked. He stared at Thorin and Luna warily since he still didn't trust the Dwarf King around the beautiful young Elf, thinking he would harm her if they were alone.

" All of us are going since we cannot leave His Highness unprotected, especially around Elves, no offense," Oin glanced at Luna.

Luna shrugged. Her silver-grey eyes blinked when she saw something fly past her. She turned her gaze, following the blur, and her eyes widened when several tiny creatures worked together to grab something from Bilbo's bag.

 She turned her gaze, following the blur, and her eyes widened when several tiny creatures worked together to grab something from Bilbo's bag

" Nargles," Luna mouth out. She frowned when she saw that the mischievous creatures took Bilbo's pocket watch and noticed that neither he nor their other companions noticed them since they were so interested in their conversation.

" Come back here, you little tricksters!" Luna shouts. " That does not belong to you," She runs through her companions, causing them to stare at her in confusion.

The Nargles' eyes widened when they realized they had gotten spotted. They tightly grasped the pocket watch and started to fly towards Rivendell.

Bilbo's blue eyes widened when he spotted the Nargles and noticed they had taken his father's pocket watch.