One | Intro

Is today going to be a good day to end this relationship? I ask myself as I walk towards my boyfriend, Ethan Aranda's apartment

I ask myself as I walk towards my boyfriend, Ethan Aranda's apartment. I won't say he's my knight and shining armor. He's nothing but a complete nightmare.

I've been trying to break up with him for the past 5 months, but it never seems to work out since he always comes back to his apartment drunk. He even took a step further when he started avoiding me at all costs.

If it's not him completely avoiding me, it's him spending money on me. I'm not even sure it's his money. Sometimes I will get texts where he says he loves me and he expects me to say it back, but I don't think I love him. I want to believe I do however I know deep down I don't.

Although tonight I am ending this bullshit. I press knuckles against the hardwood door of apartment 37B before lifting it and knocking. No reply. I sigh deeply through my nose before knocking again. Still nothing. I try again and the door swings open to reveal his roommate. "Great it's you." He groans. "Don't you have a dorm?"

Luke is Ethan's roommate. He's older, he's taller and a lot more submissive. My favourite thing about him.

"Good evening Luke," I press my lips together and hold back an eye roll as I walk into the apartment. It smells warm and comforting, like freshly baked goods.

"And maybe I do have my dorm, it's just my roommate, Catherine," I explain to him about how horrible it is having her as a dorm mate and sometimes I wish we were roommates but he doesn't respond. He instead walks over to the kitchen, leaning against the counter. Luke has never spoken much. He's a boring, isolated, lifeless nerd. He looks as if he had an emo phase as a kid.

Even though I don't know much about Luke, with all the snippets I'd gotten from him, Luke experienced a good childhood in and out of the hospital for a reason I am still unable to pull the details out of him. He's majoring in business or something tech. I'm not sure, he wasn't very descriptive. I just know that he doesn't have to get a job with his parents paying for everything. Meanwhile, I have to juggle my classes, eat, study, and try to break up with Ethan.

"Where is my boy?" I ask with a giant smile on my face, but he acts like he didn't hear me when he makes his way to the kitchen. Just then, I hear the sound of nails against the hardwood. Next thing I know, Luke's big ass Newfoundland dog comes running out of his room.

He jumps onto me excitedly, his tongue sticking out as her barks. "Hey, Dog." I say, running my fingers through his long black coat. His tail wags happily as he jumps down from me. "Alright," I place my hands on my hips which gets him to sit. "Speak." He barks loudly.

"Wave." He lifts up his left paw, trying to wave at me. "Good boy." I bend down to scratch the back of his ears. "Luke, can Dog have some treats?" I question as he points at one of the cupboards in the kitchen.