Eight | Escapism

Today was a rough day

Today was a rough day. The college hours are just getting longer every day.

I walk out of the building elevator to my apartment floor. I just need a cup of coffee or two. I unlock the door and it swings open. The unlit apartment with the wide open blinds. Perfect, Ethan is not here.

I take off my coat and hang it on the coat rack. I flip the light switch. When I turn to face the living room I jump. Indra sits there with her phone in her hand and she doesn't even look my way. "Um... hello?" I ask curiously.

She knows Ethan is not here today and how did she get in? She suddenly stands up walking over to me.

"I need your help." I can hear the panic in her voice as she comes closer making my heart hammer against my chest. I can even hear my pulse, which sounds weird.

I look down at her. She changed out of her black dress, but kept her Converse on. "With what?" I ask.

"Ethan. I want to break up with Ethan. It's about time and I need someone to come with me so I don't give in to his pouting and begging. I also don't know what he would do if I went alone, I thought if I come here you would help me. Are you in?" She spoke so fast that I didn't catch on all the words, but I got the basics. "How did you get in here?" I ask instead of answering her question.

"The key under the mat, you should probably hide that better because a thief could break into here. It's not like there is much to take anyways. Are you in?" She asks once more.

"Weren't you breaking up with him a week ago?" I answer her question with another question. She scoffs, placing her hands on her hips. "Didn't work out. Are you in?" This sounds like a bad idea and I don't have a good feeling about this. I stare directly at her eyes. "I'm so in."

Without hesitation, she grabs my hand and pulls me out of the apartment. "It's raining, you need a coat," I say.

"Fuck it. I get hypothermia so be it." She is really motivated right now. "Well, I don't want hypothermia." She lets go of my hand and I quickly grab my coat and lock the apartment.

She takes my hand once more dragging me out of the apartment building. I don't even know where we are going, but she knows. I could have dug my feet into the ground and there would be no way of her pulling me but for her. I would do anything.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

We have been walking for about 15 minutes to god knows where we are not far from campus. I wanted to drive, but she was so determined to walk there. I asked her multiple times where are we going, but not once did she respond. She didn't even look at me.

We finally stop walking right in front of a brightly lit bar. Fill with some students I notice from campus, adults, and clearly underage teenagers. How in the hell did they get in here?

I look over to Indra who stares blankly through the window. "Do you know where he is?" I ask her. Without even looking at me she shrugs a single shoulder.