Five | Friends

I am fucking hungover

I am fucking hungover. My head is throbbing from the amount of beer I drank last night. Even though I told myself I'd only have one, I ended up finish the entire pack myself before I passed out on my bed with the movie still playing.

All I want to do is smash my head with a hammer and fall into a deep slumber. Unfortunately, I can't do that since my classes have been changed to seven in the goddamn morning. I usually have a class that starts around two in the afternoon so I can sleep until whatever time I want after my night shift. NYU had other plans when they sent me an email last week saying classes must be switched due to a miscommunication.

If my bad luck couldn't get any worse, I don't know anyone from morning classes, but I guess college is more important than friends.

As I put on my jeans, I scurry around my room to throw away all the empty beer cans away. Shoving all my clothes into my closet, I notice a photo from my cork board has fallen down. Picking it up, I analyse the photo of me and some random boy I took a photo with when I was working at a carnival a few years back. Pinning it back to the board, I grab my backpack and assignments as I leave my dorm.

***

I push open the classroom door and oh shit... there are barely any seats left. It is a small hall and it has so many students.

There are at least four empty seats. The first one I avoid completely since it's right up front. Nej tak.

The other two are either too far for me to see or has a creepy guy next to it. Not interested. I come across an empty seat just in the middle of the rows on the far left near the stairs. A boy sits in the seat next to it. He looks familiar, but I am unable to see his face as his hood is up.

"Hey, is this seat taken?" I ask him. He lifts his head and what in the H- E double hockey stick! It's fucking Luke! I swear this dude is following me!

"You do know you are not in the right class?" He was so nice last night, what happened? My eyes are drawn to the cut on his lip and cheek. It's like he was punched or something.

"I am aware that I am in the right class. Now is this seat taken?" I ask once more expecting a proper answer. He shakes his head and I sit next to him. "What happened to you?" He turns his attention to me. His eyes still look like the city lights, but his attitude is not matching.

"Nothing." His reply is cold. A little hurt, but it is Luke for god's sake. I get surprised when he does the littlest of things. Like when he walked me home, or when he kinda saved my life yesterday. Who am I kidding, he did save my life and I will forever be thankful.

I continue to stare at him as I take in his outfit. People always say that the morning students never try with their outfits because of how early it. I thought it was a joke, but now that I am here I realize that they weren't joking. Luke's wearing a plain black hoodie and I wonder if he ever wears anything else. I get that it's winter, but switch it up sometimes.