Twelve | Meddle About

I saw everything

I saw everything. I saw how he got down on his knees begging for her to forgive him. How he hugged her and she did nothing. I was standing right by my bedroom door. I know I shouldn't be mad at this since we are fake dating, but he doesn't know that.

He still tried though and she let him. I am not mad at her. I don't think I could ever be mad at her. That sounds impossible to me.

Ethan on the other hand. I can always get mad at him. When he's late on rent or when he takes something of mine without telling me. But this... her... Indra. He cannot take her from me. He had her and he lost her.

All I could think about at that moment was the hundreds of ways I could killl him. Maybe even thousands. I protect what's mine.

That's why I'm going to pick up Indra from work to take her out for a very late dinner. She doesn't know it yet and I'm hoping to surprise her. I just need to figure out where she's working right now.

It could be the bar, law firm or the bakery. I'm holding some hope on the bakery as I remember her once telling me how she works night shifts there since she has to close the place.

Once I get to the bakery, I look through the window to see her body sitting by one of the tables with the lights dim. Her apron is still on and her hair is up.

Her leg is bouncing up and she's flipping through dozens of paper.

I push open the door and a small bell chimes. She looks up from all her papers, her eyes meeting mine. "Luke? What are you doing here?" She asks as I walk over to her, settling in the chair beside her.

"What, a boyfriend can't randomly come see their girlfriend?" I smile, at her before she looks down at her papers and I watch as she bites her nails. "What are you doing?" My eyebrows furrow, looking at all the numbers on her page.

"I'm trying to get myself an apartment. I'm so close." She squints her eyes at me. "I just need to stop eating, pay for all my depts, stop taking the subway and drop out of college all together." She smiles and then looks back at the papers.

When I see her nails start to bleed, I place my hand on her thigh, rubbing small circles there and when she snaps her head up to mine I lean down. "I can help with your transport problem." Her leg slowly stops bouncing, but I don't move my hand. I like the feel of her skin against mine even though she's wearing jeans.

She tilts her head to the side in confusion. "I can drive you wherever you'd like. Just call me and I'll be there in seconds." Her face scrunches up and she scoffs. "Yeah, right." She laughs and looks back down at the papers. "You can't drive that fast especially with traffic."

I quickly stand up, grabbing all her papers. "Come on." I quickly leaving the bakery, throwing all her papers in my trunk.

I watch as she runs out with her apron still on. She watches me in complete shock before she locks the bakery, scurrying over to me. "What do you think you're doing? I wasn't done with those papers." I shut the trunk, leaning against it. "Just get in the car." She drops her head and makes her way to the driver side. "No! No!" She looks at me shocked, dropping her shoulders and drags her feet to the passenger side.