Twenty - six | me & ur ghost

The beginning of this chapter is going to be confusing, but I swear it's going to make sense.

FYI: this is a really really bad chapter. I'm just lacking lately.

My eyes shoot open and I quickly notice I'm sitting in a church with a casket right in front

I look behind me to see it's completely empty however I soon hear a familiar voice beside me. "That is not what my casket looked like." I blink, fearfully turning my head to the left. My eyes land on his figure with blood streaming down from his eyes, his mouth and on the side of his head that seeps into his hair. His cheekbones are scarily sticking out and he looks like he's decaying. "Noah?" I question as he smiles, showing me his blood covered teeth and single dimple.

"What- what are you doing here?" He shrugs, looking back at the casket. "Why are you- why are you here?" He shrugs again, leaning back against the wooden seats.

"Dylan is damn old now, he can get a break from me every now and then." I drop my head. "And you're still seventeen."

Noah leans forward, wiping the blood running down his face before it's quickly replaced with more. He has a lot of bruises on the left side of his face as that was where his dad would hit him the most. I probably won't ever forget the way Noah would show up to school every morning with a smile that lit up every room, but a new bruise on his face that he never bothered to conceal. When students or teachers would ask him about the marks, he already had an excuse ready. It was always that he ran into a tree or he was playing lacrosse. Everyone knew what was going on in that house at the end of the cul-de-sac, but no one did anything about it.

"Does it hurt? You know... dying." I ask and he turns his head to look at me. He stays silent for a minute as his Adam's apple bops before he nods. "Yeah, only in the beginning." He licks his lips, bringing his hand to his lip where the blood drips.

My chest aches just by watching him. "Did you know that after death, the human brain lives for seven minutes to replay its best memories?" He randomly says and I look at him with my eyebrows pulled together. "Why are you telling me this?" I ask and he shrugs.

"Because you were one of my best memories." My heart drops as I look at him with teary eyes as he nods his head and gives me a tight lipped smile.

"I miss you." Sobbing, he places his freezing cold hand on my shoulder. It sends a shiver down my spine, making me feel uneasy. I mean he's... dead. "Why did you do it?" I ask him, but he doesn't respond. He just keeps his eyes on the casket.

"Do you regret it?" I ask another question and he still doesn't respond. I finally look at the casket which is now open.

Standing up straight, I slowly walk towards the casket. As I take each and every step I begin to feel my heart beat grow faster.