Thirty - two | Weekend Friend

Never thought I would hate being in the Hamptons as much as I do right now

Never thought I would hate being in the Hamptons as much as I do right now. I've never hated being in my car as much as I did coming here.

We're already in the Monte Rei estate that I grew up in and the drive to my house is a bit far from the entrance gate. "This place is so cool." Indra says looking out the window as she points at how big every house is. "What happened there?" She points at Arti's old house.

It's burnt down. Absolutely destroyed. The police tape that stops people from crossing over is the only thing left behind. The investigation on who started the fire is still open as it's driving my dad mad. He refuses to put the case to rest. "It's a complicated story. I'll tell you once we're done seeing my parents." I say as we drive further into the estate until we finally reach my old house. I stop the car and shut it off before Indra and I get out. We walk towards the the heavy door with the cold knocker. I lift it and let it fall, sending an echo through the house. However no one answers.

"Oh god." I hear Indra say as she stares at the tall door. She looks around the garden and all the cars that are in the driveway. "You're rich." She mumbles.

"Rich?" I laugh loudly, looking at the exterior of the house. "Why would you say that?"

"Um- did you not see this. The door is like ten feet, the front lawn is massive. Look at this fucking driveway. Why the hell is there a two Bentley's in the driveway if you aren't rich?" She hits my arm, thinking it would hurt.

I look behind her to see a black and a silver Bentley in the driveway. "Those aren't mine." I laugh out again.

"Well no shit Sherlock, but you come from a rich family." She chuckles nervously as she plays with the skin around her nails. She begins to fix her hair and her shirt.

"The women in my family are rich." I respond. She quickly tries to fix everything that needs fixing. I grab her hands and question her. "What are you trying to do?"

She lets out a deep breath. "I'm trying to fix how I look so your mom doesn't hate me." A smirk forms on my face. I don't see how my mom could possibly hate her. And even if she does, Indra is perfect in my eyes.

She pulls out her phone camera and tells me to hold it in front of her as she fixes her hair and makeup. "Oh my god, this doesn't look right. She's going to hat-"

"I can't picture my mom not liking you." I interrupt her as I knock on the door once more. I put her phone off, handing it back to her. "Don't worry, star. You're perfect. She'll love you. Everyone will love you."

No one opens the door so I reach for the handle and I'm not surprised to see it is unlocked. No one ever locks their doors in this estate even after what happened to the Singh's. I open the door and we walk in without another word.

I haven't been to the house in a really long time. There are a lot of stuff that have changed. The walls have changed color, there is new furniture, there are new pantings on the wall. But the thing that catches my eyes is the chandelier in the middle of the entrance is no longer broken. It's actually a whole different chandelier. I loved that chandelier since Liam, Casey and I broke it when we tried playing indoor football which should've been a bad idea since everyone knows I'm bad at sports.