Three | Chance With You

The love between Ethan and Indra isn't true love

The love between Ethan and Indra isn't true love. It's lust. It's always and forever will be lust. No matter how many times they scream, cry and fight they always end up back together because the sexual attraction is stronger. They haven't spoken in a week, but something will click and they'll end up back in his bed. It makes me sick.

He doesn't deserve her and he will never be worthy of her. He is manipulative and narcissistic. He doesn't listen to her and is never there for her.

She is beautiful. So fucking beautiful. She is a star and I would become an astronomer for her and I would study for the rest of my life and I would bleed, sweat and cry day and night just so I can understand her beauty. I would want the other stars to be jealous of her since no matter how big and bright they shine, she will always be the brightest one illuminating the night sky.

She's better than everyone. I constantly think about how she can do so much better and how she deserves to be with someone who will notice everything amazing about her and not just use her.

She needs to be with someone who will notice how she laughs. How confident she is. How she talks. The way her smile is different from the rest and the way her eyes glow when you talk about the stars. They should notice how her hair flows and how she can talk all day.

She needs to be with me.

But, she's "in love" with him. That fucking asshole. The attention seeking cunt that can't pay his rent. I hate him!

My best friend, Atlas has been asking me for years why I chose to live with Ethan instead of him. I give him the same answer every time. "I've lived with Ethan before you finished high school." Same answer every time. When Atlas finished high school the same year I finished my first year in college he had decided to stay in the NYU dorms.

"Snap out of it, Luke." My other best friend shoves me. Dylan Romeo Astor III, my best friend since high school.

I blink a couple of times and I look over at him. He's wearing a plain gray shirt and black basketball shorts. Dylan is always dressed for the occasion and does a great job at it, but today. Not so much.

"He has a crush on some girl." Atlas opens his mouth and I look over at him spinning around on my desk chair like a four-year-old. He has the mindset of a four-year-old. "Who is she?"

"There is no she," I tell them both.

"Then who is he?" Atlas laughs as he continues to spin on the chair. I roll my eyes at him. "Am I pissing you off?" He asks, pushing the chair closer to me, and I can hear the humor in his voice as he relaxes in the chair.