Two | Reflections

It has been hours and Ethan hasn't returned

It has been hours and Ethan hasn't returned. I am still sitting in the living room, Luke left about an hour ago to go do an assignment. I just don't feel like moving, but I have to. I finally get up,walking past Luke's closed door and into Ethan's room. I sit on his bed and stare at my phone. Zero texts and zero calls from him. Asshole.

I get up - go to his dresser and pick out one of his shirts to wear. I look through the neatly folded shirts which I folded when I notice a plain black t-shirt. I have never seen him wear this before. His clothes are usually colorful and have some sort of graphic design on them.

I pick up the shirt and slip it over my body. This is not even his size, it's too big to fit him. Maybe he bought the wrong size. It's mine now!

I jump back onto his bed and try to call him, but it goes straight to voicemail. I'm tired of waiting for him to come home, but I can't go back to my dorm. Catherine needs the room tonight.

I eventually close my eyes as my phone lays on my chest. My eyes start to drift off to sleep.

It is late. Almost six in the morning and the sun is rising when I hear rumbling by the front door. I get out of bed as I walk past the kitchen where Luke is making a cup of coffee.
The door opens and Ethan walks in. His phone to his ear and his keys in his hands. He isn't drunk, but he isn't sober. He's hungover.

"Where the hell have you been?" I say softly - he ignores me and walks past me to his room. He's talking to someone on the phone, completely ignoring me. "Ethan." I try to speak to him, but still no answer. "Ethan!" I scream at him and he finally cuts the call, pulling the phone away room his ear. "What?" He says as if he hasn't been gone for more than 10 hours.

"Where have you been?" I question him once more. He scoffs and rolls his eyes at me as if he is answering me. "Out." He says calmly. "Out - you went out. You were gone for hours and all you can say is you were gone!" I scream at him. I'm so sick and tired of him of his attitude.

"Indra, what are you wearing?" His voice suddenly lowers. "No, don't you try and change the topic, Ethan!" He always does this. He diverts the topic so he wins. "Indra, don't make me ask again." Is he threatening me? He better not be making fun of me because I am tired of his stupid jokes.

"Your shirt! Since when do you have such a problem with that, eh? Oh, wait, I forgot you have a problem with everything I do or say!" I notice his jaw tightening and his hand forming a fist.

"That... that is not my shirt." He points to the clothes on me. "Did Luke give you that?" Here we go again.

"Luke? What no!" I justify myself. "Who's is it?" I ask him, my voice lowering.

"It's Luke's." He says. "I'm going out." He walks past me and out of the room. "You just came back!" I scream at him out of frustration even though he's already out of the apartment.

I'm going to kill Luke and I know exactly where I will find him. I quickly change out of his shirt and storm to the kitchen.
I see him and he's still sipping his morning coffee, like nothing just happened.

I walk over to him and shove him in the chest. "What the hell is your problem!"
He is smirking behind the cup and he is making me feel frustrated. "Why didn't you tell me I wasn't wearing his shirt! Now Ethan is mad because you couldn't say anything!" I shove him once again. I look at him and he is not amused. "I thought you wanted to break up with him?" He asks.

"I do, but on my own terms!" I shove him again.

"It wasn't my job to tell you whether or not you were wearing my shirt. It was your idiotic boyfriend." I start laughing at his answer.

"Well guess what." I will continue. "He did notice I was wearing your shirt!" Luke starts to shake his head and pushes away from the counter and gets all in my face. "No, he should have noticed as soon as he entered the apartment. Before you entered his room. Before you even started fighting. Before he recognized another guy was noticing you and he didn't like it." He stops speaking.

"So tell me this, why didn't he notice before?" I don't respond because I know the exact reason why he didn't notice. It's because he was on a call with someone I still don't know of. He leans closer and whispers in my ear.

"Guess what star, I would have noticed." He then walks away. I stand there speechless at what just happened.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆