Twenty - nine | shut up & kiss me

Waiting inside Luke's apartment elevator is one of the hardest things I had to do this year

Waiting inside Luke's apartment elevator is one of the hardest things I had to do this year. I haven't been looking forward to this day. The day Luke and I stop fake dating. The thing is I have grown an attachment to Luke and I am worried about losing the relationship that we have created over the past five months.

So, for our goodbye, I- we have decided to just spend the day together. Nothing special. Just us two. Just Luke and I. It's on the agenda.
Luke is on the agenda now.

And since he is on the agenda now, I have been so worried that I forced myself to wake up a little earlier this morning to make sure I had enough time to get ready. It was more to calm myself down, and getting ready was relaxing than it was wanting to impress Luke. I would be lying if I said Luke wasn't a small part of the reason.

I showered and shaved and brushed my teeth and sang and put on a lot of makeup. However, I didn't like the way it looked on my acne. Then I tried the no makeup-makeup look. It looked good until I tried to make my jawline look sharper. Contouring is a lot harder than it seems. I just ended up doing my makeup the way I always do it.

I curled my hair, but then I straightened it, but then I curled it again. I didn't like it curled so I tried putting it in a ponytail and then I put it back down. I even tried putting it in a half-up half-down hairstyle, but that just made my forehead look big.

I ended up keeping it curled and down.
I put on my favorite casual jeans with Luke's black hoodie that he borrowed me so it would seem like I put no effort. But I did change my bra and underwear because they didn't match.

The elevator dings and as I step out I bump into Luke who is standing by the staircase. "Good timing." He says, holding a bag but moves it so it is not visible to me.

"You take the stairs?" I ask him as we walk towards his apartment. He takes out his apartment key to unlock the door. "You don't?"

"After you, star." He says, pushing open the door. I just love when he calls me that. I don't get it and I can't even explain how I feel when he does.

"Are you thirsty?" He asks me as he walks toward his kitchen counter. I don't know how to do this, and I'm scared he'll notice that I am worried or nervous. "What do you have?" The bag is on the counter now, and he sees me eyeing it, so he pushes it aside, out of my view. What's in the bloody bag Luke?

"Tell me what you want, and I'll see if I have it," he says. "Diet Coke." He grins, then reaches into the bag. He pulls out a six-pack of Diet Coke, and the simple fact is that he even thought about it. It's a contribution to our relationship ending. I take a can from him with a smile. "What else is in the bag?"

"Whatever you want it to be." I hum to think about something he could not have. "Budweiser beer?" He smiles even wider, then pulls out a six-pack of Budweiser beer. He opens a bottle and hands me it.