Thirty | dying on the inside

The following chapter contains graphic depictions of anorexia, which some readers may find disturbing.

Reader discretion is advised.

"Can we get food?" She asks, drying her hair with a towel

"Can we get food?" She asks, drying her hair with a towel. We stayed out on the fire escape in the rain for what felt like hours. It was fifteen minutes. "What do you want?"

She thinks for a moment. "Two pizzas!"

I pull out my phone to place the order for the pizza, but instead of getting two pizzas I get her three. A pepperoni pizza, a spicy Italian and a margarita.

I don't plan on eating any of those considering how high the calories are. If I even smell it, I'll gain weight and then I'll lose control.

If I'm being honest, going to college was something I was extremely excited for since no one would be watching over me especially since I wanted to relapse after Noah's passing. It's the only way I could punish myself for not noticing his signs before it too late.

I still vividly remember the horrible things I did during my first ED. It's the only thing I can remember.

~Flashback, 7 years ago~

My heart is pounding through my chest. I can't think. All I can feel is fear coursing through my veins. My body is shaking and I can't breathe as I hold onto the sandwich my mom has made me.

With tears rolling down my face, I stare at the cheese that was melted to hold the sandwich together, the pieces of meat and sauce. My moms eyes are dull as she glances between me and my dad.

My parents are on either side of me making this even harder. "Just take a little bite." My mom says as I shake my head.

More tears fall down my face, my lips quivering. "I can't."

"No, you can. Even a small bite." My dad says, placing a hand on my back to comfort me. I watch as his face drops, feeling my bones through my shirt.

I point at the sandwich, showing everything that's stopping me from eating this.

With pain in my heart, a headache pounding in my head, shaky hands and watery eyes, I choose not to eat it.

~End of Flashback~

When the order is placed I hear a wine bottle being opened. I turn around to see Indra pouring it into two wine glasses, taking a sip as she looks out the window. The rain has calmed down a lot over the last few hours.

She goes on her phone, letting the music ring through my speaker and I immediately recognise the song Closer by Halsey.

"Already told you I'm right here." She sings while walking up to me with both wine glasses in hand. She hands me the glass and I don't bother taking a sip.