Chapter Twenty One

My phone rang making me groan in annoyance. I tried to open my eyes slowly and answered it. It was Six in the morning for god sake! Why so early? "Hello?" I answered in irritation.

"Good morning to you too" my mother greeted. She knew that I wasn't a morning person. I could hear amusement in her voice.

"Mom!" I whined and I couldn't help but smile when I heard her giggle. "You did that on purpose, did you?" I asked and without hesitation she replied.

"Yes" she said still giggling. "Now get up, we're coming in a few minutes" she said and I groaned.

"Can't I wake up later?" I asked.

"You'll have to come with us to visit the lady whom you wanted us to help" she cleared and I sighed.

"Okay" I said lazily. "I'm going to take a bath" I told her.

"Quick!" she said.

"You're not even here!" I argued and she chuckled.

"I'm in front of the house right now" she stated.

"Okay" I said and ended the call. I rushed to the bathroom with my towel and my clothes. I smiled when I heard my parents' voice coming from downstairs.

After putting on my clothes and tying my hair in a ponytail, I ran downstairs and attacked my father in a bear hug. I may be angry that they don't spend time with me but I was missing them. My father hugged me back and chuckled. "Seems like you really missed us" my father said and I hugged my mom too. Uncle Max smiled. Yeah, yesterday, his words really got to me.

"Shall we go?" my mother asked as she slide her hand around my waist. I slide mine around her too and smiled.

"Let's go" I said and walked to their car. My eyes widened. They have changed their car again. It's a black Saab. "I want one!" I said in amazement and jokingly. My parents shook their head in amusement. I sat in the back seat and my eyes didn't left my mother's figure. She looked beautiful as ever.

"So? Tell us about the patient" my mother asked. I told her everything about Aaron and Brittany and let me tell you that she wasn't happy at all. "How can someone be that heartless?" she asked in disbelief and while my father was driving, my mother turned and looked at me with a smirk. "Tell me about Aaron" she said excitedly. I chuckled. I liked it when my parents would pay attention to me. Maybe they realized that I needed them.

"No! I don't want to be hear about her boyfriend" my father said rolling his eyes and i laughed.

"Dad!" I scolded. "He's my friend" I told them and my mother rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, a friend" my father said sarcastically.

"Do you know that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit?" I asked playfully and my mother chuckled.

"Tell that to your mother" he said. "I've learn that from her" he said and I watched as my mother punched his shoulder playfully.

"Shut up" she mumbled and looked away from my dad. I could see her smile. It's good to see that even after so many years the love of still here.

"We're here" my dad said as he parked the car. He took a file from his suitcase and got out. I did the same but suddenly, something came in my mind. I pulled my phone out and dialed Grace's number. She quickly answered.

"Yes?" she answered.

"Where are you?" I asked and my parents looked at me with questioning eyes. Probably because if my panic voice.

"Hanging with the guys. why?" she asked worriedly.

"Is Aaron with you?" I asked.

"Yeah" she replied.

"Well, don't let him leave" I ordered. "I'm gonna explain to you at home" I said and ended the call. My parents were looking at me in disbelief.

"Explain to us too" My mom ordered and crossed her arms to look more authoritarian.

"Well, I told you that i followed him here" I said while rolling my eyes. "I don't want him to know that I did that" I said. They glared at me and I sighed. "Listen, just help his mom" I said pushing them to the elevator.

"If asked so politely then yes" my mother said sarcastically. I chuckled and poke my dad.

"Now I know what you're talking about" I said and my mom huffed in annoyance while my dad and I laughed. We made our way to Nina's room and I knocked.

"Enter" I heard her voice. I pushed the door and when she saw me, she smiled. "Good morning angel" she greeted. I smiled at the name and hugged.

"Good morning Nina" I greeted back. "I brought my parents" I said and then they walked in. My mom smiled at Nina warmly while my dad put on a serious face.

"Good morning" my mom greeted. "I'm Lillian" she presented. "And that's my husband Frank" she said. Nina nodded.

"I'm Nina" she said and watched as my parents sat on the chair near her bed.

"So I'm going to ask you a few questions first" my dad said and nodded. I sat at the end of the bed and smiled at Nina.

****

After a few questions, my father had a little smile on her face. "Well, we're going to support you financially and pay your treatments. If you need a better house, you have to let me know or simply tell Kim" my dad motioned to me. "We're going to do all the necessaries to make your life more comfortable" he said.

"We're glad to know that you're cancer can be cured" my mother said with a sincere smile. I cleared my throat so that they would turn their attention back to me.

"Well, I don't want Aaron to know about me being involved in all this" I stated. "So please don't mention any names, if he ask, just tell the names of my parents not the surname" I told Nina. "Mom, dad, on the contract, don't write your name, just your association" I said and this time my mother rolled her eyes and my father chuckled.

"You sound so bossy" my father complained.

"I'm your daughter after all" I smirked.

"Good One" my mother congratulated and Nina laughed. "It is nice knowing you" my mom said to Nina and stood up.

"Thank you again" Nina said with tears feeing her eyes. My mother smiled back and hugged her.

"Good bye Mrs Johnson" my father said and they walked out. My father sounded so formal.

"Nina, I don't want Aaron to know about this" I pleaded and she nodded.

"Thank you" she said and I hugged her. I pulled away and smiled one last time before walking away.

****************************

Vote and comment!!