Chapter Twenty Two

When we reached home, my parents walked in and my mom made her way to the kitchen. She rested her head on Aunt Lucy's shoulder who was busy cooking. "you look tired" Aunt Lucy said with a smile.

"I am" mom said and kissed Lucy's cheek. My father walked in and sat next to Uncle Max. They were always really close.

"It's only nine after all, go get some sleep" Aunt Lucy said. "The travel must have been tiring" she said.

"Yeah, go sleep" I told my parents and they smiled. They both started to walk to the guest room. "Wait" I called after them. I walked to them with teary eyes. "Thank you" I said and hugged both of them. They hugged me back.

"Anything for you doll" My father said and kissed my forehead. They pulled away but their arms were still wrapped around me.

"I'm sorry if I had been rude to you" I apologized and wiped my tears before they roll on my cheek.

"Kim, we apologize" my father said. "We haven't been always present for you" he said.

"But now you are" I said and hugged them again.

"We're proud of you" my mother said with tears in her eyes.

"Don't cry" I told her. She smiled and nodded. The door opened behind us and Grace, Chase, Kylie, John and Aaron walked in. My father's eyes widened.

"I don't remember Lucy having so many kids" My father joked. When Grace saw my parents, she squealed. She ran to them and pushed me aside to be able to hug them both. My parents chuckled and hugged her. "How are you doing Gracie?" My father asked.

"Fine" she gushed then turned to face the others. "Guys, this is my aunt and my uncle" she said and I rolled my eyes. I rose my head and stood next to my dad.

"My parents" I cleared and Chase chuckled. "That's Chase" I introduced. "Her boyfriend" I said as I motioned towards Grace who ran by his side. My parents nodded with a smile. "That's Kylie and her boyfriend John" I said motioning to the guys who waved with a big smile. "And that's Aaron" I said and I rolled my eyes when my mother cleared her throat in a teasing way.

"So You're the only one single?" My mother asked and giggled. I groaned and shook my head.

"Yeah I am" I mumbled.

"And what about Aaron?" my mother asked wiggling her eyebrows.

"Mom!" I whined and my eyes widened.

"He has a bitchy girlfriend" Grace replied and my parents chuckled, already knowing what she was talking about. Aaron chuckled and I smiled.

"By the way, Lucky will be coming tomorrow" my mom said slowly, trying to assess my reaction.

"What?" I screeched.

"I'm sorry but I signed a photo shooting for both of you" my mother said making me glare at her. "Please do it" my mother pleaded and I sighed.

"Mom, you know I don't want to meet him again" I said and she shrugged.

"It will be strictly professional" my father explained.

"I'll think about it" I said and my parents kissed my forehead.

"We're going to rest" my parents told us and we nodded. Just as they were out of sight. I groaned in frustration. Grace shook her head.

"Kim! It's a huge opportunity" she explained. "Please do it" she said and I glared at her.

"But why him?" I said with gritted teeth. The other guys looked at me with confused looks on their faces except Aaron.

"You mean your ex, right?" Aaron questioned. I nodded. He blinked several times and gave me a small smile.

"So what are you planning today?" I asked trying to ease the atmosphere.

"I've planned something for us" Aaron said scratching the back of his neck and he seemed quite nervous.

"What?" John asked.

"I meant for me and Kim" he cleared making my eyes go wide. I smiled.

"As in a date?" Chase snickered making my cheeks go bright red.

"Oh she's blushing!" Aaron teased making me glare at him. I punched me lightly on his shoulder.

"So it is a date?" I exclaimed and watched as a tint of red appeared on his cheek. "Oh, he's blushing" I stated in surprise and he glared at me this time. "Where are we going?" I asked.

"We're going to meet someone" he said and took my hand in his. I started at our interlinked fingers. He was staring at our hands too.

"Who?" I asked softly as we walked out of the house.

"My mother" he stated proudly and I blinked several times. I bite my lips, hoping that Nina wouldn't say anything for Aaron to doubt.

"Okay" I said as we walked to the car and made the way back to the hospital.

When we reached the hospital, the receptionist smiled at me and waved. I waved back under the curious stare of Aaron. We made our way to the elevator and the silence was killing me. "Where's Brittany?" I asked Aaron.

"How would I know?" he asked with a shrug.

"Great boyfriend you are" I said with a grin.

"We broke up" he said happily. I turned to look at him in disbelief.

"Why?" I asked.

"I'll tell you later" he said with a smile. I smile because I already knew the reason. We walked to Nina's room and entered. "Good morning mom" Aaron greeted and Nina's eyes widened when they landed on me.

"Good morning" she greeted.

"Mom, this is Kim and Kim, this is my mom Nina" he introduced. I smiled when I saw that Nina was acting too.

"Nice to know you Kim" she said and smiled. I smiled back and kissed her on both cheeks.

"Mom, did you get to know who is helping us?" Aaron questioned and I bite my lips.

"No" she replied. "I simply know that they are good people" she said and I smiled. "So she's your friend?" Nina asked looking at me.

"Yes" Aaron replied looking at me with a little smile. We started talking and it was really entertaining to watch Aaron getting scolded by his mother. "We need to go" Aaron stated looking at his watch.

"Already?" I asked and he nodded. He kissed his mother's forehead and I hugged her. "Next time" I whispered in her ears and she tightened her arms around me. We walked out of the room and I realized that Aaron had his hands around my waist.

"My mother has cancer" he said and I stared at him. He was finally opening up to me. "And Brittany's father is the one who decide on my mother's treatment. That's why I needed her" he said and stopped in the hall way. "A few minutes ago, I got a call from the hospital, telling me that an association will be taking in charge for the treatment if my mom" he said with a sigh of relief.

"So you were forced to date Brittany" I asked and he nodded. "So now you're single?" I asked with a smirk and he grinned. He nodded again. He looked so hot. I wrapped my arms around his neck and crashed my lips against his. He froze at first and then wrapped his arms around my waist. I pulled away and smiled at him.

"Finally" he said and I chuckled.

"Kim?" I turned my head to find one of the nurse. My eyes widened. "You're here to meet Nina, again?" she questioned with a smile. I turned to look at Aaron who was looking at me.

"My mom?" Aaron asked.

"Yes" the nurse replied and I blinked several times. Oh god, I'm screwed.

****************

Comment and Vote!