Its a Trap

Trina's P.O.V

I can't believe we're doing this... just yesterday this man arming himself in front of me was just laying on my laps talking about his fear.

I don't see no fear in his eyes, the only thing is he's exuding predator aura, and as much as I love this man, I'm scared of what he'll do and also what harm can be done to him.
Call me pessimistic but...

What if the plan goes wrong?

What if Vincent is actually not the culprit?

What if there's an ambush waiting for them?

A thousand what if's running through my mind in a second.

"Stop looking at me like I'm going to die anytime soon. I'll be back in a few, I promise". He says not directly looking at me, continuing to arm himself to the teeth.

"Don't you think you should have some kind of plan? Instead of just running over to the Rainers residence" I take my gaze off him to look at the nails of the right hand which I've been busy biting, due to nervousness.

"Oh baby, I've had a plan since the day they thought to mess with me". He smiles, as he approaches the chair I'm sitting on.
"I love you". He states as he pecks me on the lips.
"I'll be back by midnight. Don't worry". He smiles as he stands up to leave.

This has me so scared because it feels like he's saying goodbye.
So I run over to hug him before the leaves, no words exchanged, just me holding on to him like he'll disappear once he leaves that door.

They all enter into the long train of cars that were already waiting in from of the house, and I watched them go until the cars disappeared.
=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•

"He knows, right?". Damien (Lawrence's brother) asks, making me jump because I didn't notice him and he's surprisingly close to me.

"Knows what?". I reply, genuinely confused.

"That I talked to Vincent in private". He says, smiling proudly like he just won the lottery.

That's weird I said to myself.

"Yes, he does. You and Vincent would pay for what you did to me and others you've harmed or traumatized in one way or the other". I said all in one breath which left me panting.
On the surface, it would seem like I was angry but I'm not. I'm scared, very scared.

Then I remember, Lawrence saw not just Vincent in that footage and we all thought Damien was with Vincent as the surveillance camera at the gate shows that they left and neither came back.
So how is he...

"Oh no". I whispered defeatedly, it was a trap.

"So smart. I see why they like you". He smirks, walking towards me, but really slowly making me feel like a prey about to be devoured.
All I wanted to do was punch him in the face and find a way to let Lawrence know that he's walking into a trap but that would just be a foolish move.
"Aww, come on, don't look at me like that. I'm a Basma, what did you expect?, that I'll sit here and wait for you to get me? Just like that? NO". He says maniacally and dramatically, making me wonder just how normal he is.

But wait, who's 'they'?

Trina, snap out of it. I say to myself as I crack my head for a solution. Lawrence is out there walking into a trap and I must do something about it.

"Your knight in shining armor is not around to keep you safe no more, if I were you, I'd think before I act". He says squinting his eyes like he could see through me, making me internally squirm.

"Why are you doing this?". I ask because I really want to know how I've offended or done something to make him want to hurt me so bad.

"That's none of your business, all you need to know is that if I can't directly get to Lawrence, I would get to him through you". He smiles as he circles me and grabs my throat firmly, causing me to choke as I fight his hand off but he barely flinches.

All of a sudden, he lets go as if he was burned by fire.
All confused, I see his mother coming out, walking towards us

Is she also involved in this?

She hates me, so definitely she is...

"Why did you have her in a chokehold?". Was the first question that came out of her mouth, a genuinely confused look crossing her face as she asks.

"Uh... You we're mistaken, right?". He stutters as he directs the question to me

As if I would comply

"No, you are not mistaken ma'am, he was choking me". I replied, defiantly looking into his eyes.

Then he snapped.

"It's time guys!". He yelled, and although it consumed me for a second, I immediately understood when a bunch of men came from different directions in the house like they've been built alongside the furnitures because I definitely didn't notice them.
In panic, I grabbed her hand and attempted to head for the door as there was enough space between us and the door but another man suddenly jumped in front of us.

Then I knew that the trap was not just for Lawrence but also for me.

They rushed towards us, me especially. Slamming me on the table to tie my hands

"You could've just done that gently". I grunted with my muffled voice as my face was still pressed to the table.

"Is it so hard to tie a little girl up" This man was really taking forever to tie me up and as much as I don't want to rebel so that I won't be beaten, I'll have too, my whole body hurts from being pressed down by a fat man for a lot of seconds.

"Ugh". I grunted as I put my feet between us and kicked him off me, causing the rest to run over to us.

I managed to land a few solid punches but they got me tied up now. However, the blood gushing out of  the noses of one of them has me satisfied.

I'm starting to like this more than I should.

"Just wait until Vincent finds out I have you, i'm sure he'll trade it for you". He snickers as he grabs my hair, blindfolds me, and drags me downstairs

On the way downstairs he, tapped a spot on the wall not too far from the switch as I heard his hand glide past it, and a part of the wall opened.

Then he dragged me in, and closed it

I hope I can get out or Lawrence is safe and he finds me.

~=•=~

Compliments of the season 🎄 , thank you so much for reading this book till now, even if I've not been the best author (late updates)
I'm really battling with writers block as I have zero motivation to write this book but I'll try my best to finish it before the end of the year

3 chapters to go✨