Misunderstanding

3rd person POV

Lawrence, on arriving at the Rainers residence, found the place to be too quiet. The tall black gates that were once a familiar sight, now looking like the door to a forbidden territory. However, he pushed the door, the creaking sound louder than he thought, making him grit his teeth together as he was trying his best to be quiet.
He walked in, saw no guards and the Rainers residence is never without security.
After scouting the front yard with Derek for about a minute, he spotted a shadow crouched down, hiding at the back of the entrance door and realized...

"It's a trap, fall back now!". Lawrence's voice booms as he and Derek run as fast as the could but were surrounded before the got to the car, resulting in the rest of his men surrendering.

No one but a few of my men and Trina know about this plan
Whosoever ratted me out is dead" Lawrence said in his head as his hands were tied to his back.
Only then, did Vincent reveal himself.
Of course there was a trick up his sleeve, Vincent had never been one to play fair or play by the rules.

"Hi, bestie". Vincent spat with malice as he wore on a big smile like a fisherman who caught the biggest fish of the month.

"You're a coward!". Lawrence spat back, his chest huffing and puffing, with face contorted in anger.
The sight causing a smirk on Vincent's face as he derives so much joy in Lawrence's, pain, suffering or anger.

"I know I am, but I'll be confident and say I really like Trina, so petite, pretty, has a banging body and is fiesty. My type exactly". Vincent said as his smirk blossomed into a smile, knowing he had struck a nerve.

Well, that was his aim anyways. He knows that Lawrence had severe anger issues that would cause him to make mistakes and fail as his anger would blind him in such a situation.

"Your darling brother has kept her safe for me, don't worry, she'll be fine". He taunted as he circled Lawrence wondering why he's not getting a reaction from him.

"All you want is a reaction, I'll never give you that satisfaction. Never!". Lawrence grunts, as a blow is landed on his stomach.

"All I want is what you have, and I'll have it by any means necessary". He says with a calm voice, smiling so sweetly you'd think he was cute.
"I wanted Diana first!". Vincent screamed like he was not just smiling sweetly.

Pick a side dude!

"But she chose you, they always choose you. Now Trina is all I can think about but she also wants you!. What do you have that I don't? Huh?! What!". He yell, and slams his hand on the table right in front of Lawrence, then faced him like he was waiting for an answer.
"I was your best friend, why couldn't you leave Diana for me?. She was the first thing I ever wanted". He whisper-talks close to Lawrence's face, and the only thing that Lawrence felt was anger.

'Thing'. How dare he refer to her like she's some snack. He thought to himself

"She didn't want you. I would've left her if she wanted you and you knew that". Lawrence replies with gritted teeth as the topic still haunts him.

=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•
Both friends were so in love with Diana, a woman who was employed to work as a gardener for the Basma. She spent not more than 24 hours gardening as Lawrence fell in love at first sight.
She was pretty, with beautiful brown doe eyes. tan skin, pearly white teeth and very confident.
Her confidence drew men to her and unfortunately drew Vincent's attention.
She was in love with Lawrence and although Vincent knew, his love for her blinded him and brought out the dark side he didn't know he had.
Lawrence got engaged to her after a few months, at that time, she was also pregnant for Lawrence.
This caused Vincent to grow hatred for Lawrence. Bitter that his best friends was not willing to leave her for him after knowing his feelings, he vowed 'If I can't have her, no one will'
Which led to her death.
=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•

After Lawrence spoke, a sudden thought came to him

Wait, has the reason been Diana all along?

Then why did he try to steal my business

Why did he burn my underground warehouse

Is there someone else?

There's something fishy going on here.

"You've been attacking me all this while because of Diana". Lawrence asked as he wanted to clear the confusion within him.

"Yes, I wanted you to feel the pain I was feeling. She died. My Diana died and it seemed like your life was going so well. You weren't grieving so I thought to cause you misery would lessen my pain". He spoke, his voice shaking as he took a seat, looking at the ground.
Vincent had always been the the emotional one in the trio (Jace, Vincent and Lawrence). So, his shaky voice was something Lawrence was already used to.
"Your brother firstly proposed that we burn your underground warehouse as it will cause you misery and query from your father. We knew you wanted to prove yourself as you just started running the business at the time. I went along because whatever would bring you misery was all I wanted". He breathed out and pulled his hair.

Lawrence had a lot of questions but he knows better than to trigger Vincent and to just let him express himself fully. So he quietly listened to all Vincent was saying.

"All the ideas were from Damien as it was too hard to get information on you. So, I just went with whatever Damien wanted. We had a common enemy so that made us friends. He wanted to get rid of you so he could take over the business and I was okay with getting rid of you as my hatred for you grew whenever you struck back. I burnt your warehouse and you destroyed my airline. Whenever I did something, you did another". He tilted his head as he smiled looking back at Lawrence with an expression that seemed like he was proud of him.

"Did you realize that in everything you and my brother did, you were the one wasting resources and losing things?. He didn't lose anything and was using you. Using your hatred against you. I thought you were smarter than this Vincent". Lawrence replies, with a shake if his head, no anger in sight. Just his regular expressionless look.

"All this while, he had been using me and I didn't realize. He'll pay for everything. Everything!". Vincent said, ordering his men to untie Lawrence and the others who were outside.

"Now, we have a common enemy, friends?". Vincent asks, outstretching his hand for Lawrence to take.

"Friends". Lawrence shook his hand and they left the room together with a common goal.

Make Damien pay.

You may be wondering why Lawrence is so easily ready to get back at his brother.
It's a mafia's world.

Mafias believe in vengeance.

~=•=~
Hi, everyone. I hope your day went/is going well.

Thank you so much fir reading. I see your votes and appreciate each one of them. Thank you

Let me know what you think about this chapter in the comments.

Let two chapters will be posted tomorrow! 💃🏼