Thank Goodness

A/N: DUDE I WAS WRITING AND "I'm Not That Girl" CAME ON AND I GOT ALL saD AND THEN "I'm Not That Girl (Reprise)" CAME ON AND LIKE SHIT MAN

Elphaba's POV

"E-Elphaba..? Is that.. " Galinda peered into the darkness, her nose scrunching. This was the first time I had seen her for several hours. And those hours were the worst ones of my life. It was just:

Watching Galinda get hurt. Being told I had to die, or never see Galinda again. Almost dying from that magical solution the Wizard threw on me.

And hearing Galinda cry for so long.

I never thought I'd be so heartbroken over simple noises, but I just wanted to go there and hold her until she was alright.

Of course, Fiyero took the longest time before giving me the signal that Morrible and the clone were captured, so I had to sit back there for the most torturous 10 minutes of my incomplete life.

She sniffles, and I wince.

"Elphaba..? But I.. Is it really you?" Her voice cracks, and she moves.

I realize she's wiping away more tears.

I'm brought to tears, myself. "Don't cry, please, I-"

"It is you!" She cries, running to me. I open my arms, and we hug. Neither of us says a word; we stand there, tears running down our faces.

I don't even know why I'm crying. I believe it's because I've been reunited, but it could be because I haven't heard Galinda's voice for so long.

In the darkness, her lips find mine, and I'm filled with immediate warmth.

We pull apart, only the tips of our noses and the palms of our hands touch.

"I promise, I won't let anything happen to you, ever again. I can't live without you, Elphie."

"Galinda..."

"I mean it. If you actually.. If you had actually-- died," she winces, "I don't think I would be able to recover. I--I'm sorry, I know I'm putting pressure on you. I don't mean to. I just need to let you know. The whole time I was upset because I had never told you how much I really loved you. You were gone and I had never told you everything."

"You didn't need to, I--"

"No, I did. I needed to tell you that. And I needed to tell you just how much you've changed me. When I saw you behind that tarp, I.. All of it rushed through my mind and made me realize my life is incomplete without you."

I can feel tears falling down my cheeks and she wipes them away with a gentle finger.

"I love you," she whispers. "Please don't ever leave again. Promise me." she starts to cry again, and I hold her when I can no longer bear just standing there.

"I'm afraid I can't promise that, my sweet. There's always going to be something that pulls us apart. But I'm going to cherish every second I get with you, in between."

"Close enough." Our lips meet again, this time for much longer, and she wraps her arms around my waist.

Galinda's POV

"Galinda! I-- oh. Hello, Elphaba." I hear Fiyero's voice from behind me, and I pull away from elphaba.. Marching towards him.

"You bastard!" I yell, "Trying to kill elphaba?! What were you thinking?!" I blindly swing at him, but I feel Elphaba pulling me back. "What're you doing?! Release me!"

"No."

I stop struggling. "Why not? He tried to kill y-"

"No, no. It was all a part of the plan, Glin."

"It was?" I turn around to face her, and although I can barely see anything in the darkness, I know she's grinning.

"Yes. Thank you for your concern, but I thought he would've told you."

"Yes, well.." Thank Oz it's dark. I know my cheeks are bright red. It was part of the plan. How did I not put it together?

"That was some great acting, Miss Elphaba." The Wizard appears with a lantern, and instead of looking at him, I look towards Elphaba. It's been a long day and I didn't get to see her wonderful face all the while.

"Thank you, sir," Her cheeks turn dark green as the Wizard turns towards me.

"Miss Galinda, I'm assuming you'd like to do the honors?" He holds out the familiar green envelope, and I take it, opening up the card inside.

To Elphaba, I'm sure it's blank. But to me, a spell is written in beautiful purple ink, with "For Galinda" written at the top.

"Can you see what it says?" I turn to the Wizard, and he peers at it.

"No. Of course, I know a spell to break the one cast upon this, but really, the responsibility is yours. So go on." He smiles, and I read the spell aloud.

Suddenly, there's a rush of light, coming from the paper. It bursts and spreads throughout the land.

But it quickly disappears, leaving a magical feeling behind.

"Is it done?" I ask anyone present.

"Yes! You did it! Now the clone will be gone, and--"

"Oh, Oz! I almost forgot!" I start running towards the office.

"Where are you going?" Fiyero yells after me.

I hear three pairs of shoes stomping on the ground after me, and almost giggle.

"You'll see!" We reach the office and I hurry down the stairs. "Where did you leave the clone?"

"In the holding room Elphaba was in; it has a blue door."

I march down the stairs and head to the room, swinging the door open. Morrible lies there, unconscious, and next to her is--

"Boq?" Elphaba exclaims. "How in Oz..?"

"Miss Galinda! You did it!" He runs up and hugs me, and out of the corner of my eye I can see Elphaba looking a bit jealous. I giggle as we pull apart.

"Fiyero, dearest, I'm sorry. I lied to you back before we escaped with your little explosive."

"Lied about what..? How is Boq here? And how did you.."

"When you switched bodies, and left me alone with your Twinkie-" the Wizard smiles at that- "we talked, and he told me how he's been trapped as your clone, and how he couldn't tell Elphaba, or anyone, really, because Morrible was watching his every move."

"Boq," Elphaba steps towards him, "that was you? The entire time?"

"Yes, Miss Elphaba."

"I'm sorry for yelling at you, I didn't--"

"It's fine! You couldn't have possibly known it was me. I'm just glad everyone's alright."

Elphaba makes her way over to me, hugging me, while Boq converses with the Wizard and Fiyero.

"You're a damn good liar, aren't you?"

"I may have picked up a class in theatre."

We both sigh happily.

I giggle. She turns to me, a smile spreading across her face. "What?"

"Nothing, I just love you," I lean back into her embrace, and the beating of her heart calms me. Her chin rests atop my head, and I giggle again.

"Oh, Galinda, knock it off. You're so silly."

"I can't help myself! I've missed you so much, it feels good to be back with you. It feels.. Right."

"I completely agree. Now come on, let's go home."

We walk towards the dorms, and the entire time, I can't help but smile. It seems we finally found our happy ending.

And I couldn't be happier.