Must Be Love

A/N: yes yes i havent updated. shut up and read. btw thanks for 1K. ily all

Galinda's POV

My lips are tingly as she presses her own against them.

My heart is racing, and my head is pounding.

The world around me spins, my eyes remain wide open.

She pulls away, blinking twice.

"Because.. I love you."

I feel my breath hitch, and I open my mouth to speak. No words are able to escape, so I just stand there, mouth open, eyes wide, like an idiot.

She stares back at me, slightly biting her lip.

Is this actually happening? Or is it a dream again?

It all felt pretty real. I mean, the kiss and all.. And she told me she loves me.

She told me she loves me.

Sweet Oz, she told me she loves me!

"You.. You what?!"

She chuckles. "I guess.. I love you."

"You guess?"

"It slipped out. I don't know what I was thinking, but it was certainly along the lines of my feelings for you."

"So you really.. Love me?"

"Is that so hard to believe?"

"Considering the fact that you were just kissing Fiyero a few minutes ago, yes."

"No, no, Galinda. He kissed me. But it felt all wrong."

"So... how did it feel.. with me?"

"It felt like everything was.. perfect. Like it was meant to be. Must be love."

I feel my cheeks turn pink. I can't help but grin as a warmth rushes through me.

"Well.. On that note, I love you too."

I wrap my arms around her, confidence growing by the second. Her lips find mine and suddenly, everything is spinning again.

But not in a bad way. No, everything was going wild.. In the best way possible.

Until the knocking starts.

We ignore it, but then Fiyero's voice is heard behind it.

"Elphaba?"

"Curses," I hear Elphie mutter under her breath. I blush.

I make my way to my bed, and she goes to get the door. As soon as I plop down and fiddle with my dress, it swings open.

"Fiyero. Hi."

"Hi, is everything alright?"

"Yes, why wouldn't it be?"

"Well.. You just.. Ran out. Are you sur-"

"Oh, that." Out of my peripheral vision, I see her bring the palm of her hand to her forehead. "Fiyero, I'm so sorry about that, I.."

She turns to me. I tilt my head up, meeting her glance.

She bites her lip, turning back to Fiyero.

"Look, Fiyero.. We.. We should talk."

"Alright." I feel his eyes on me, and it sends a chill up my spine. "Galinda, you don't mind being alone for a minute, do you?"

I plaster on a smile. "Of course not."

Elphaba steps into the hallway, swinging the door shut behind her.

I let out an exasperated sigh.

I wonder what'll happen.

--

A/N: JFC THE APP KEPT DELETING THE END PART SO I HAD TO REWRITE IT THREE TIMES.

on another note, I'm so sorry I haven't updated. Writers block is a huge bitch, and it took quite a while to figure out where I was going with this story. Sorry again. And thanks for 1K :D YAY!!