Knock, Knock

A/N: oh shit we broke 2K! Thanks guys!

Galinda's POV

Her green fingers skim each page, somehow keeping a mental list of each spell.

It's been three days since we figured out about Fiyero's stupid little trick. He's unbelievable.

I just.. I can't wrap my head around the fact that he would do such a thing! And to get back at me! What did I ever do?

"Elphie, why do you think he needed to get back at me? Wouldn't he just get back at you?!"

"Hm, you're right.. Maybe he wanted to get back at both of us."

"Both of us?! What for?"

"You never know. Do you remember doing anything bad?"

"No, I don't recall.. In fact, I've been pretty nice to him. I even delivered that poor excuse of a love letter!"

She chuckles at that, shaking her head.

Why is she.. "What? Why are you laughing?"

"You're just.. You're making a big deal out of this. Now, now, don't look at me like that. I know, it is a big deal. But just.. Calm down. Just a little. We'll be fine, I promise." She gets up, and envelopes me in her arms.

Immediately, I'm filled with serenity. How did she do that?

Hm, I guess it's just something that happens when you're.. In love.

Elphaba gently kisses the top of my head, and steps back to face me. "We're gonna figure this out, Galinda. No matter what it takes."

I shyly smile. "I know, I'm sorry."

"Don't be! There's nothing to apologize for."

Knock, knock.

I sigh. "It's probably Fiyero. Again."

She smiles. "Do you want to be the one to tell him to leave?"

"It'd be a pleasure to." I grin, skipping to the door.

I swing it open to see Fiyero (of course). He's glaring, and he has a bucket in his hand.

"Fiyero, what are you-"

"Get out of my way, Galinda."

I plant my feet on the ground, hoping to show some sense of authority. Or maybe hide my fear.

Fiyero's eyes wander beyond me. "Where's Elphaba?"

"What's it to yo-"

"Where's elphaba?" He presses. I feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

"I'm right here," Elphie says, emerging from behind me.

"Come with me," Fiyero hisses, reaching for her. I jump in front of him, swatting his hand away.

"What are you gonna do?"

"Get out of my way, Galinda."

"No! Not unless you tell me what the hell is going on!"

He narrows his eyes at me, completely concentrating on.. Something.

"It's a spell," Elphaba warns quietly. "Make him lose his focus."

I panic, smacking the side of his head. He snaps out of his concentration, shaking his head. The Winkie glares at me.

"If you don't move right now, I'll-"

"You'll what? Steal Elphaba away again?"

Fiyero raises his eyebrows in amusement. "That's what I came for, actually."

Before I can open my mouth to shoot back an insult, he moves me aside with a spell. My head hits the wall, hard.

The last thing I see is Fiyero leading Elphaba down the hall. She yells my name. Everything fades.