Pitch Black

A/N: ooh this is getting intense hA. thanks for 3k by the way ◡̈ and sorry for not updating! life is really freakin stressful. plus I'm balancing two fics at once, so....

Elphaba's POV

"I've got to go save her!" I get to my feet and start towards Madame Morrible, but Fiyero pulls me back.

"No, Elphaba, wait! If she sees you, she'll just hurt you!"

"Or Galinda.." I murmur, tears on the brink of falling from my eyes.

"You have to plan this out."

"If only I knew where she was taking Galinda, it'd be easier to plan! Damn it!"

"She's probably taking her back to her office, to.. To hold her hostage."

"No!" I push him away, refusing to believe his nonsense.

"I'm sorry, you wanted to know, didn't you?!"

"You don't know that for sure! She could just be.. I don't know.. Getting her someplace safe!"

"Don't be ridiculous, Elphaba! Accept the truth already, so we can find a way to get her back."

I take a deep breath, tears falling down my face. "Fine."

Galinda's POV

My wrists ache from the tight ties around them. I shake in fear as Madame Morrible tugs me around Shiz.

"Foolish. That's what they are." She mutters to herself.

She had found me unconscious on the floor and brought my consciousness back. Then, without saying a word, she tied my wrists and forced me to go with her!

She's insane!

"Madame Morrible, if you don't mind me asking-"
,
"I do. Now shut your mouth and hurry along."

I pick up my pace, and she leads us through thick bushes to her office building. I look around, amazed at the high ceilings and priceless sculptures.

I may be frightened, but it's never too much to care for the beauty of something.

I had only been here once, anyways. It was back when I wanted to switch roomies to someone other than Elphaba.

I'm glad Morrible refused my demand. Otherwise, I wouldn't have fallen in love with such a girl.

I wouldn't be getting dragged into what appears to be my doom, either, but at least I have my memories.

Morrible creates an opening with the wave of her hand and leads us down a spiraling staircase. Immediately my fear grew stronger; I had never seen such a horrid place.

"What... What is this?"

"Didn't I tell you to shut your mouth?"

"Not in such a rude manner," I mumble.

"Galinda Upland, hush up right this instant!"

"Sorry Madame," I squeak, immediately covering my mouth with my hands.

So many questions float around in my head.

Where's Elphaba? Where's Fiyero? Why is Morrible acting insane? Surely there's a connection between her and the Winkie, is there not?

I mentally scream with frustration. I just want to know what's going on! I just want to see Elphaba, and I.. I want to go home!

She tugs open a metal door with no window. It leads to.. Who knows what. It's pitch black in there, even though it's the middle of the day!

"Come along now, dear." She motions for me to go in, and instead, I step back, shaking my head. She frowns in response, grabbing me by the wrists and pulling me in.

"No!" I screech, struggling to pull away. "Let me go, you big oaf! I'm not going to let you lead me to my doom!"

"You don't get a say in this!" She barks, pushing me into the room.

I stumble to my knees, my hands still tied. I struggle to get up and bang on the door.

"Let me out!" I howl, my hands aching from hitting such thick material.

Frustrated tears fall from my eyes as I sink down to the ground, giving up. I stare at the dark walls, my eyes barely adjusting. I try untying the rope from my wrists, but no such luck.

"What am I to do?" I whisper softly, knowing there won't be any response.

Am I driving myself insane already? It's only been five minutes; I'm surprised at how fast a pitch black room can make you crazy.

Or maybe it's the heartbreak. After all, I'm probably never going to get out. Which means never seeing Elphaba again.

"Oh, Elphie.." I sniffle. "What am I going to do without you?" Tears fall from my eyes once again as I bring my knees to my chest.

Then there's complete silence, with the exception of me sobbing.

Until the voice speaks up.

"You could always talk to me."

--

A/N: sorry I haven't updated! I'm trying! Sorrrryyy!