Is It Really, Though?

A/N: helloooo :)

Galinda's POV

I lay in her arms, wrapped in her warmth. Her chin rests lightly on the top of my head. The covers are pulled up to my shoulders, but that's only halfway up her arm, due to the difference in height.

This is unusual to both of us; a little awkward, really. But only at first. It's easy to grow comfortable when you're with someone whom you love.

And who loves you back.

"True love triumphs over magicked love."

That's all I hear in my head. Over and over, I hear Elphaba's voice just telling me that we hold true love.

"I love you," I whisper softly, quiet enough to be unheard by her if she's not paying attention, but loud enough to be heard at all.

Although we were technically "in love" I had to tread carefully. Rushing wasn't the way to approach this.

"..."I love you too, my sweet." She says smoothly, although I can sense hesitation in her voice.

She's new to this. I'm.. Technically new to this. We were both still a little unsure of how to proceed.

Especially with the history of a sick-minded Winkie.

"Elphie?"

"Hmm?"

"What's.. What's your plan?"

"To deal with that fool of a prince?"

"Yes."

"I'm not quite sure yet. How do you think I should handle it?"

"Well.. What did you have in mind?"

"I found a couple of spells that could be helpful. Form-shifting, banishment to who-knows-where, mind reading... The list goes on and on."

"I thought you said there were a couple?"

She shrugs. "I may have meant otherwise. But what's your intake on this whole.. love-spell bullshit?"

"Elphie! Your tongue!"

"Oh, hush up, did you hear yourself earlier? You're a disgrace for that."

"Elphaba!"

She laughs softly.

Gracefully.

Unlike you'd think. Unlike the imitations that the boys do- that sounds like a cackle.

She might be a witch, but it doesn't mean she acts like the ones that we only hear terrible tales of.

Elphaba isn't like the others. She's not cruel. She doesn't have warts on her nose. She might be green, but in what world does that mean she's some cackling, tantrum throwing, bitchy old.. Witch?

She's different. She has a heart.

"Galinda, what's your plan?"

"My plan?"

"That's what I just asked, yes."

"I don't think I have one."

"Absolutely nothing? You don't have a single idea of how to receive vengeance?"

"No, I didn't think I was going to be needed."

"Of course you'll be needed! Galinda, don't you see? Fiyero was trying to split us apart."

"He was?" I thought he was only using the spell to get her to himself!

"Yes. He doesn't care about me. He cares about getting rid of you."

"No, what about the letter?"

"The letter was bullshit!"

"What do you mean?"

"It was part of the damned spell. There wasn't anything on the love note, but the spell made me think there was some heartfelt letter."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

There's an awkward silence, which I guess implies that we should go to sleep.

"Well.. Good night."

She kisses the top of my head, leaving a drop of warmth. She sighs.

"Is it really, though?"

--

A/N: I don't know what I just did with this chapter but aye at least there's something.