It Really Does Go Good With Green

A/N: surprise update, bitches. you're welcome :)

wow, that sounded arrogant.

Elphaba's POV

Galinda sighed happily, her eyes fluttering open. They met mine and for the first time, I noticed how they were soft, but deep, and full of curiosity.

Her hand squeezes mine, sending a rush of.. something through me.

"What's the time?" Her voice is quiet and very cute, like a lost pup's bark.

"Somewhere around 10, my sweet." I get out of bed to get dressed for the day, and notice her cheeks flush. I stifle in a smile as I head into the bathroom.

The door shuts behind me, and I stare at myself in the mirror.

"Still green. Always green," I whisper, disappointed. I get the oils out of the cabinets and start on my morning routine.

I sigh. It's silly to hope that one day, I'd be peach. Or tan. Or pink. Whatever everyone wants to call it, I'm dumb to think that I'd wake up one day and just look... Normal.

But a girl can dream, can't she? Or are there limits to the ones that are green?

My mood darkens as Galinda knocks on the door.

Galinda.

What was I doing with her? Why was I so desperate for her company?

She loves Fiyero.

I love Fiyero.

Or at least, I think I do. I'm not quite sure what love feels like; it's very difficult to decipher what something feels like when you've rarely felt it throughout your life.

I haven't felt it from my father or my mother.. Possibly Nessarose, but I haven't talked to her about it much.

Do I feel it for Fiyero? Does he feel it for me? All of this is so confusing.

But the thing I'm worried about the most is.. do I feel it for Galinda? She said last night that there's a certain type of love we have- a love that friends feel towards one another.

The problem is, I think it's much more than just friendly love. I think it may have grown into real love.

But keep in mind, I don't know much of what love actually is. I could be very wrong about all of this.

Yet.. I don't know if I want to be.

Galinda knocks once again. "Elphie?" She says.

"Yes?"

"May I come in?"

"Of course." The door sways open, and she stands there, still waking up- I can tell because she's rubbing her eyes. "Good morning." I try and smile, but I'm not doing very well. Hopefully she's too tired to notice.

"So, what are we doing today?" She asks, walking over to the sink and grabbing her toothbrush.

"Whatever you want to do."

"You don't have any plans with" -She crinkles her nose- "Fiyero, do you?"

"I don't think I do. So we have the rest of the day to ourselves."

Before she starts brushing her teeth, she "hmmph"s in thought. I start cleaning up my side of the bathroom, thinking as well.

Did I have plans with Fiyero? I mean, he never said anything yesterday. And it's not like we were.. dating.