I Want To Go Back

A/N: wow lookieee here! I'm actually updating almost every day. Aren't you proud of me, mom?

Just kidding. There's no way in hell that I'd let her read this. But I'm letting you. So do it!

Galinda's POV

I sit on the edge of my bed, already in my nightclothes- a tank top and shorts. As I'm reaching to turn out the light, she stops me.

"Galinda... You'll be okay sleeping alone tonight, yes?" She asks, sitting on her bed. I avoid eye contact.

"Well, the storm has finally stopped. I'm sure I'll be fine."

"Hm," she nods, but sounds puzzled.

"What?"

"It's just... That's the first thing you've said to me since last night."

I can hear the hurt in her voice. "Oh. Elphie, I.." I look up at her. "I overreacted. I'm sorry for avoiding you."

She bites her lip, looking at the floor. My guilt builds up within each second she remains silent.

"Please say something," I plead quietly. At first, it's as if she didn't hear me. She remains motionless, breathing heavily.

But eventually, she turns her head, slowly, to face me. Her eyes twinkle; her lips part to speak.

Yet no words escape.

The silence is deafening. It feels like time has stopped.

"Elphie, I-"

She leaps up suddenly and grabs me by the hands, pulling me to my feet. Her lips crash into mine.

At first, I remain still, but my eyes droop closed as she steps backwards, to sit back down on her bed.

My only instinct is to straddle her, which I do.

A shiver goes down my spine as her tongue traces my bottom lip, wanting access.

But I don't comply; I can't. This is really happening, and I'm frozen. Like a stupid.. icicle.

C'mon, Galinda! Get it together!

Green fingers slowly crawl up my legs. It's not something I'd expect her to do, and I gasp.

She uses it to her advantage and slips her tongue in my mouth.

It brushes against mine, and chills are sent to every section of my body.

I can barely move; I'm still in shock.

Wait!

This is what I've wanted, isn't it? I should be taking it to my advantage.

I trail kisses from her mouth down to the side of her neck, my confidence growing by the second.

"Galinda," she moans softly.

She keeps repeating my name, as if it's the only one she knows of. Then she stands up, pushing me to my bed.

But she doesn't come any closer.

"Galinda," she calls. "Galinda!" Every time she says my name, it's becoming more faint.

What in Oz is going on? She's standing right there; why is she-

"Galinda.. Galinda!"

I bolt upright, her voice becoming clearer. The only thing I see is a figure in the dark.

Elphaba.

What is- Oh, hell.

It was a dream.