Because...

A/N: I don't use my phone much because I have school, so you'll probably be getting weekend updates only. Sorry. I've been really sidetracked with the jadina sequel so..

Elphaba's POV

"Well?"

He only stares at me- no, scratch that, squints at me. He looks like he's concentrating on my eyes.

It's kind of freaking me out.

"Fiyero? What are yo-"

Suddenly he leans in, and our lips brush against one another's. I'm about to push him away, but then something comes over me.

And suddenly, I don't want to push him away. I want to keep my lips on his, I want to kiss him until I have to be torn away from him.

What the hell?

Why do I feel this way? I surely didn't feel it last time. In fact, last time, I wanted to run away.

So I did.

But this time, I don't want to run away. I want to be here, instead. I want his arms around me.

Do I really?

He pulls away, and looks straight into my eyes. After a few seconds, he grins. A bit mischievously, but it's a grin all the same.

"Tell me, Elphaba."

"Tell you what?"

"How you feel."

"Fiyero, I'd.. rather not."

"Just do it. You never know what could happen."

What the hell is he talking about?

"Why?"

"Because.. I love you, Elphaba."

"Yero.." Chills are sent down my spine, but not in a good way.

Something's wrong.

"No, Elphaba, I really do. I love you. And I want you to remember that forever."

"Yeah, alright.." He's acting quite lovey-dovey. I crinkle my nose in disgust, and he laughs.

I suddenly want to kiss him again.

No, I can't. What about Galinda?

"Goodbye, love." He kisses me one last time, and walks down the hall and out the door.

"G-goodbye, Fiyero.."

What the hell just happened?

Galinda's POV

I move from the door, and rub my ear a bit. Who knew pressing it against the door would be so painful?

I frown, remembering what had happened.

"Oh, Elphaba, I love you," I mock him, rolling my eyes.

What a fool! Thinking he could just- just intervene with his feelings?!

"Like Elphaba would give a damn. She doesn't love you, she loves me." I whisper to myself.

As if on cue, she clumsily stomps through the door, her face showing bafflement and shock.

"Elphie, are you alright?"

She freezes in her tracks, looking straight at me. Her face is emotionless now; she's not even blinking.

"Elphie!" I cry, running to her.

She shakes a bit, as if waking up from a bad dream, or seeing something terrifying.

"What happened?" I ask, trying to stay calm, but failing.

"I.. I figured it out."

"Figured what out?"

"I figured out why I'm in love with Fiyero!"

I notice she uses the present tense. She still loves him?

"Well.. Why?" I can feel my heart crumpling.

Not again, please, not again.

"I love him because.." She looks at me, noticing that I'm torn apart. "Oh, no, my sweet, I don't love love him."

"Then what on earth are you going on about?"

"I figured out why I thought I loved him!"

"And why is that?"

Her voice lowers, and her face grows serious.

"Because.. he put me under a spell."

-

A/N: I know it's short! I'm so sorry! But I wanted to give you guys something before I run out of ideas again.