Chapter Twenty-Four

My body jerks up. My chest is heavy. My breathing becomes short and sharp limiting the amount of oxygen I'm receiving. Sweat drips down from my forehead to my cheek. I dart my eyes around the room making sure it was only just a dream. It was, however, it didn't feel like one. I felt stuck I felt like I couldn't move. I was stuck standing outside of Harley's house while he was in there killing her.

I heard her screams and cries- she begs for him to stop. I saw her through the open door running up the stairs to escape only to have half of her hair ripped out as he pulls her back down the stairs. I could only just see the bloody handprints she left up the wall.

It was terrifying but that's what I saw every time I closed my eyes. It was the same dream over and over again. I haven't slept a single hour. Every time I drift back off to sleep two minutes later, I was back up scared out of my brain. I would have to calm myself back down again then push myself to go back to sleep. It's the never-ending cycle unless I do something more than just binge cartoons.

I glance over to my alarm clock to only find it's near 11:00 pm. I thought it was later, but all the nightmares have made me lose sense of time.

Instead of falling back onto my bed I fling the covers off myself and head to my closet. I quickly get changed into a plain white shirt and a pair of jeans before grabbing one of my coats.

I grab my bag and keys heading out of my apartment locking it behind me. I pull up the uber app on my phone to take me to Landon's.

I need him now I need him to make me forget. Ten minutes pass and the uber finally pulls up. I get in telling him the address.

Fifteen-minute drive later the uber pulls up to the front of Landon's house. I scurry out of the car quickly rushing up to the front door.

My fist connects with the wooden door three times before it swings open. My eyes land on him. He's topless which is perfect. His grey sweats hang low around his waist. His massive hand rubs his eye as he yawns.

His eyes adjust on me making his eyebrows knit together, "Charlie-Rose?" he seems surprised about my presence, "What are you doing here?" I don't answer him. I wrap my arms around his shoulders bringing my lips to his. Landon stumbles back a bit before catching his ground and wrapping his arm around my waist.

I slide my tongue along his bottom lip trying to deepen the kiss but he's resisting me he's not taking control like he normally does, "What?" I pull away from him, "Why aren't you kissing me like you normally do?" my fists buddle together in frustration.

Why is he questioning me now? I just need to forget, "Because you're not answering my questions," I scoff.

"What?" I snarl, "I'm just doing what you do," my hands raises in the air before falling back to my side, "I need you right now that's why I'm here so can you just fuck me please," I drop my bottom lip out and bat my eyelashes.

"No," no? No!

"No? what do you mean no?" my fingers rake through my hair. This isn't helping me right now.

"I mean no Charlie-Rose I'm not going to fuck you right now," I take a sharp inhale, "I want to talk," he wants to talk?

"About?" I question.

"About you taking the examination," I choke mid-swallow. The one thing I want to stop thinking about he brought up. The one thing I need him to make me forget about, "Have you thought about getting it done?" his words stab a knife in my back.