Chapter Twenty-Five

A creak of the door wakes me from my peaceful slumber. I peer my eyes open to see a small little person walking in, "Charlie-Rose," he mumbles crawling onto the bed beside me.

"Hey Bubby," my voice comes out raspy, "What are you doing in here?" I flip myself to my side so I can face him.

"Mom told me you were up here," he scoots himself closer to me, "I didn't know you were staying over last night," he sounds a bit hurt by that.

I reach my hand out from under the blanket to cup Lyon's small face, "I'm sorry bud I came in late, and I wasn't meant to stay either," I kiss the top of his nose, "Come on we should probably go see what your mom and dad are up to, hey?" his innocent giggle feels my ears. I watch as he wriggles out of bed rushing to the door. I hear his heavy feet hitting the wooden floor as he grows further away.

Do I want that? My mind goes back to dinner with them the other night. Do I want to be woken up by a cute, cuddly kid? the answer to that is yes of course I do. I just don't know who my kids would look like. I don't know who their father would be. A little part of me hopes it's Landon but the rest of me knows that's completely unrealistic of me to wish for him to be the father of my kids to be the one I tie myself to forever.

It's a dream that will never come true. I sigh. That reminds me, Landon. I have to apologies to him for how I acted last night. It was hypercritical of me and selfish.

I drag myself down the stairs and put on my fake smile as I turn the corner into the kitchen. I see Lyon upside down in Christ's arms as Christ spins him around. The noise of pure joy bounces off the kitchen walls feeling me with envy. I want that future and the one man I want that future with has a no kids no love mojo.

Cheryl glances over to once she notices I was in the room, "Oh good morning sweetie, how'd you sleep?" she asks jumping up from her seat to grab another mug, "Coffee," she offers.

"Morning and yes please," she smiles pouring me a delicious and well needed cup of coffee, "And I slept well," I take a sip of the coffee even though I'm not a straight black coffee person I just need some straight-up expresso first, "Do you guys have any milk?" I ask.

"And here I thought you were a straight black coffee person like me for a second," Christopher scoffs, "But of course, we have milk which one would you like?" he asks opening the fridge.

"Which one would I like?" I look at him in confusion.

"Yeah almond, oats, soy, full cream, we have all different types of milk," I nod my head catching on.

"Just almond please," he hums pulling out the carton of milk and passing it to me, "Thank you and thank you guys again for last night," I mumble the last bit so Lyon couldn't hear.

"Stop thanking us, dear," Cheryl reaches out and gives my hand a squeeze, "Anytime you know that, and plus you can always repay us by taking our kids away from us for some time," she wriggles her eyebrows at me making me fake gag.

"Please if I babysit your toddler and soon newborn, we'll only end back here with you asking me yet again to take your kids off your hands so you can..." I mimic her eyebrow wriggle, "Spend quality time with your husband," Cheryl blushes while Christ burst out laughing from behind me.

"What are you guys talking about," Lyon whines beside us.

"Nothing that you need to know of mister," Cheryl tells him making his bottom lip stick out further.

"I want to know so, tell me," his foot hits the ground. Well, this is a different side of Lyon I haven't seen since the first day I met him.

I turn to him and crouch down to be at his height, "Oh stop being such a sook," Lyon pinches his eyebrows together as does Cheryl and Christopher.