Chapter Twenty-Eight

My heart beats against my chest. Just a few more hours of work then you can go to the hospital and get your results. I'm sure they would have called you to come in earlier if you had PTSD, right?

I scribble out my 20th sketch. God, I can't even think straight. I place my pencil down. I just need to talk to someone.

I gasp and rush over to my bag digging in it for my phone, "Yes found it!" I pull my phone out and pull up a contact I haven't talked to in a while. I kind of canceled our appointments.

To my disappointment, it rings straight to voicemail, "Hey, Asher it's me Charlie-Rose. Um just give me a call back when you get this, I really need someone to talk to right now and well you're the only one I want to talk to, so yeah call me back please," I cut the call.

I sit anxiously around my office waiting for him to call me back. I jump at my phone whenever it flashes up but it's never him.

Maybe it's selfish of me to call him like that. I ignore him for weeks now out of the blue I'm calling him. suddenly my phone vibrates, and Asher's puts up on my screen.

Finally, "Hello," I quickly answer.

"Hi, sorry I didn't pick up soon I was with a patient," I relax a bit hearing his voice after so long, "How are you Charlie-Rose? I haven't seen you in a while are you planning on coming back to your sessions?" he asks

"I'm fine, thank you, and yeah I think I'll come back, but how are you?" I just miss being able to talk to someone who doesn't judge me they just listen.

"That's good well your appointment is today same time if you want to come," wow he kept my weekly appointments, "And I'm doing good, busy, but good,"

"Oh, I wish a could, but I have to go to the hospital today..." I take a deep breath. In and out, in and out, "To find out if I have PTSD and what the next steps are to take if I do," the line falls silent.

Only deep breaths can be heard over the speaker, "Charlie-Rose," his tone is soft, "I'm glad you got the examination," I release a heavy sigh, "So you and Landon are going to get the results this afternoon?" he questions.

"Well, no I'm going. Landon doesn't know I took the examination, nor do I want him to know until I get the results," he hums a response.

"That's your choice Charlie-Rose but you should go with someone I can come with you if you like?" I mean he's right, but I want to do this alone. I got the test alone I want to get the results alone.

"No, no it's fine I want to go alone," he scoffs at my response, "I got the examination alone I want to get the results alone. I'll be fine," yeah I'm not sure about the last part but as long as he believes me when I say I'll be fine.

"Okay if you say so," he doesn't sound so sure. Neither do I, "I have to go another client will be here soon but call me if you change your mind," I say my goodbyes and he cuts the call.

I know I'm not going to change my mind I have my heart set on going alone. It's probably a smart idea to go with someone, but I can't bear having someone there with me if I get bad news.

My sketchbook lays on my desk in front of me, "Stupid book," I grumble flipping through the pages of all my old designs.

I come across mum's wedding dress I redrew because I was going to remake it but with some twist. Wedding dresses are the hardest design. Brides are always so fussy however mum's dress I redesign fits what she wants perfectly.