Chapter Forty

The jet landed about twenty minutes ago and now I'm the car with Landon on the way back to my apartment. I stare out the window contemplating on whether I should tell Landon or not I mean he is the father of my child.

The first person I told about what happened was yesterday and the worst thing is I can't even talk to her about for six months. I rest my hand on my stomach. She or him either are going to grow up without a father or with a father who is either going to be with me or not. And I don't want to be with Landon just because I'm carrying his kid.

When he drops me off back home, I'm going to book an ultrasound. I should be around 4 weeks pregnant. I found out I was pregnant the night before Kayla got her trial date and we had slept together once than slept again after seeing Kayla when she was asking about her trial date. That would have been too early to tell that I was pregnant.

I don't have many pregnancy symptoms I just had one of those gut feelings, so I took a test and well there's a very, very faint second line.

"You good?" Landon asks squeezing my knee.

"Yeah, I'm good," I glance at him. Our eyes meet for a second before he looks back to the road, "Landon..." he glances back at me, "Thank you," I lace my fingers with his, "You didn't have to come and help me, but you did," I bring his hand to my lips kissing it.

"I don't need a thanks Charlie-Rose. I'd do anything for you," his grip tightens on my hand for a few seconds then loosens again.

We sit in silence for the last five minutes back to my apartment. He starts helping me bring my suitcases back upstairs. I notice he has my toiletries bag in his hand, "Here I can take that bag," I go to grab it but end up dropping my other bag.

Landon chuckles, "It's fine I don't mind helping," he walks up the stairs, "Keys?" he turns around still holding my toiletries bag in. God please don't let him open it or don't let the test fall out please! I beg as he turns the key in the lock causing the bag to tip sideways.

I hold my breath praying that the test doesn't fall out. And when I don't hear anything like plastic hit the floor, I release my breath and walk into my apartment behind Landon.

"You can go I can unpack my stuff," I say hoping he would put the bag down.

He shakes his head and walks off to the bathroom with my toiletries bag in hand. I freak out rushing to drop all the goddamn bags on my arms.

I head towards my bedroom when he steps out holding my test. I inhale deeply looking at the test in his hand, "You're pregnant?" he asks.

"Landon," I breathe out.

"Where you going to tell me?" he shoots another question.

"Yes of course I just was trying to figure out a way how but there is no perfect timing to tell someone you're pregnant unless you're married and trying," he nods looking back down at the stick.

"You're right there is no perfect timing. I've been trying to find the perfect moment to tell you. To do something I wanted to do the day Cheryl gave birth to Rose," Landon places the stick on the kitchen counter, "I was going to do this the day I came to your office before we were interrupted by Rose's introduction to this world."

I furrow my eyebrows together and watch as he digs into his pocket where that square object lies. A gasp leaves my lips as I watch him drop to one knee and flick the little black box open showing me a diamond ring.

"Charlie-Rose, I know this is a big step, I know we weren't even really dating but you and I both know we aren't half committers we're either fully in or fully out and that's what marriage is it's the full commitment and I'm ready to make that full commitment to you and now our little baby. I have loved you since the day I met you. That day you opened your apartment door you took my breath away. No one has ever done that to me all the other girls I have slept with dropped on their knees as soon as I looked at them, but you," He chuckles.

"You didn't take any of my shit. You would stand up to me and I found that insanely hot. I wanted to say I love you too that day you confessed your love, but I don't know what happened, but I chocked. But what scared me more is when you walked away. The reason I said good when you told me you still loved me meant I could still give you this ring and promise you to love you even in death. So, Charlotte-Rose Talken will you do me the honors and marry me?" tears fall down my cheeks.

"Fuck you Landon Heart but yes of course I'll marry you," I don't even let him stand up or let him put the ring on I crouch down and hug him, "You're an ass you know that right?" he chuckles.

"Yeah, I know," our lips meet and for once I feel his love it feels familiar just like all our other kisses we shared.

Our foreheads rest on each other's, "So what happened to the no love no kids mogo," I place his hand on my lower stomach.

"You happened sweetheart you fucking happened," I smile, and he smiles. We both smile resting out hands on my lower stomach.

"Oh, by the way it's frick now and sugar," he laughs.

"Well, fricken sugar I'm going to be a dad," I laugh at how stupid it sounds, "Hold on let me put the ring on," I let out a breathy laugh watching him slide on the diamond ring.

"It's beautiful," I peck his lips.

"You know I'm glad I didn't propose to you that day in the office because I wouldn't have not been able to get your father's blessing like I did," he kisses me before I have time to react on what he said, "Is sex still allowed or will it hurt the baby," he asks.

"Sex is one hundred percent still allowed but hold up you got my dad's blessing," he smiles and nods, "When?"

"First day of court he noticed the box in my pocket," I hit his shoulder.

"Wow you sneaky little mother truckers," I hit his shoulder.

"Your brother also knew," I hit his shoulder again, "Hey! Watch it sweetheart you said sex is still on the table," I gulp standing back up.

"I can't believe you got my dad's blessing how did I not catch on?"

"The case had your full attention," I roll my eyes.

"Do you want to celebrate our new relationship status?" I ask.

I didn't even get an answer until I was picked up bridal style and carried off into my bedroom.

I'm happy I have a fiancé and baby on the way. Let's just say life kind of is working out for me.