19

Warnings:
-Numbers (weight/BMI)
-Passing out

Clay's POV

~ A Week Later ~

I hadn't fought against the tube feeding once and had to weigh myself again today. I drank three litres of water and I was so incredibly full, but I couldn't pee. I hoped they would come soon because I was almost peeing my pants.

I also stuffed heavy things into my pockets because I really needed to be gone from this place. I didn't exercise the last few days, I had tube feeding three times a day. I should have gained a lot with the extra weight of the water and other heavy stuff.

The nurse walked in with a smile. 'Hi, Clay! Are you ready to weigh yourself?'

I nodded as I stood up slowly. She let me sit down in a wheelchair as she drove me to the place I needed to be. She lifted me up onto the scale and I stood on it, looking down as I really hoped it would be enough to go outside.

'119 pounds!' she cheered. 'You've done so well!'

I felt bad knowing I gained that much, but also because I knew at least five to ten of those pounds were fake. I didn't want to lie to her, but I wanted to go home so I could lose way more than before.

'Is it enough to go outside?' I whispered.

'It is,' she smiled as she wrapped her arms around my shoulders. 'I'm so proud of you! Do you want to go now? I can ask George to come too. He is moving to your room very soon since the boy next to you is allowed to go home.'

I nodded and she drove me back to my room, leaving to go to George. I quickly put the heavy things away and ran to the toilet to pee since I needed to so badly. I was done before they were back and sat down in my wheelchair like I didn't move a muscle.

The nurse came back with George and George immediately gave me a hug. 'I'm so proud of you, Clay. You've been doing so great.'

I smiled faintly, feeling guilty that I was lying to him. The voices were stronger than my guilt so I nodded and let myself get wrapped in three blankets, a very warm coat and gloves. I got a hat too to cover my ears and my whole body was wrapped into the warmest clothes.

We drove through the hospital and I looked my eyes out, smiling since I hadn't seen anything else than my room for days now. The nurse smiled at me and I grabbed George's hand out of happiness. He smiled and squeezed my hand as he ruffled my hair up.

'Are you cold?' he asked as I shivered when we came closer to the door.

'A little bit.'

The nurse stopped pushing the wheelchair and grabbed her bag. Apparently she had another blanket and wrapped it around me to warm me up even more.

She pushed the wheelchair further and I felt the fresh air blow into my face. I smiled brightly as I looked around and lifted my hands up to catch the snow.

I got very excited and giggled softly while I moved my legs and looked at George who made a snowball. He threw it at me with a very gentle motion and I laughed even louder, feeling happier than I ever felt in months.

'Can I get out of my wheelchair to play with the snow?' I asked the nurse. 'It doesn't snow very often.'

'Okay, but not for too long. If you don't feel well, get very tired or cold, tell me immediately.'

I nodded and slowly stood up. George pulled me closer and wrapped all the blankets even tighter around me. He made sure they wouldn't fall down and held my waist very tightly as I walked. I smiled brightly and leaned forwards to grab some snow.

I giggled as I threw it at George who acted shocked. 'How dare you?' he grinned as he threw some at me too.

I smiled and sat down on my knees. 'Snowman?'

'Alright, maybe you can sit down for a little while while I start building it, okay?'

'Can I help?' I mumbled sadly.

'Yes! Of course you can, but I will do the start so it won't be too much work for you to do,' George answered happily.

I nodded and sat down in my wheelchair as the nurse held her hands around me to warm me up and because I liked hugs.

'Are you having fun?' she questioned as she rubbed my arms since she saw me shiver. She lifted the blankets up so my arms were covered again and smiled.

'I missed being outside a lot. When can I go home? Can I go home now? My BMI is a little bit higher than fifteen.'

'Not yet, sweetheart,' she smiled. 'We are going to discuss if you're stable enough to go home when your BMI is higher than 17,5. We will draw blood again and do a lot of tests to see if your stable enough. Most patients stay until their BMI is healthy for their body again.'

'I think I'm healthy,' I answered as I looked at her.

'Honey, you're extremely cold while being wrapped into multiple blankets. Your body doesn't have enough energy to keep you warm anymore so that's a sign you're not healthy enough.'

'When am I healthy enough?' I whispered with a sad face.

'Clay, look at George. We will talk about this when you're inside again, okay? George needs your help.'

I nodded and stood up slowly. I felt very weak and sat down on the ground, wrapped in multiple blankets as I still shivered from the cold. I was shaking because of it and George noticed. He finished the snowman by himself and put it together as I leaned against his body.

I turned around to the nurse when the snowman was finished and reached out my hand. 'I don't feel well.'

'Okay, we are going inside immediately,' she answered as George and the nurse lifted me up. I closed my eyes since I was very dizzy which George noticed. We stood still and he stood close to me so I could lean against his leg.

'Clay, can you still hear me?' the nurse asked as she held my hand.

I mumbled something as she knelt down in front of me. 'What are you feeling, Clay?'

'Dizzy,' I whispered as I breathed quickly. 'I'm going to pass out.'

I felt the wheelchair move again as George held me tightly. We went inside and the nurse yelled at someone. I heard footsteps as my body got weak.

'He has anorexia and he is not feeling good at all. He feels like passing out, but his room is far away from here.'

'Orthostatic hypotension?' I heard a voice I didn't recognise. I didn't know what that meant, but I started breathing faster and faster and my whole body got sweaty.

'Clay, you need to drink this,' the nurse said to me as I got something in my hands. I looked at it slowly and saw it was water. I started drinking it as they brought me back to my room.

'We are going to draw blood again,' my nurse smiled. She lifted me onto my bed, but I was so tired and weak that I immediately fell asleep.

1246 words