Chapter 14

They arrived at the door, and Jake turned to look at her.

"Ready?"

"Nope. Let's get it out the way though." She took a deep breath and pushed the door open, causing 8 pairs of eyes to turn and stare at her.

She stood there awkwardly as Jake stood behind her.

"Hey guys."

Everyone mumbled their hello's as they looked down at their phones, pretending to be busy.

Casey was leaning against the pillar she had been hiding behind several hours earlier, his arms crossed and staring at her.

After a few seconds of uncomfortable eye contact he pushed himself off the beam and started to walk over to her, closing the distance between them.

"Can I talk to you." He mumbled, practically towering over her.

She nodded her head quickly as he took hold of her wrist and pulled her into the kitchen.

She sat on the counter, exactly where she had been sitting on the morning of the party.

She folded her arms and waited for him to continue. When he didn't say anything, she sighed.

"Why. Why did you lie to me."

"I did it to protect you."

"Protect me? Because you didn't tell me about your brother I didn't look out for him, I couldn't avoid him in the first place!" She exclaimed, running her hand through her hair.

"I wanted to tell you, believe me I did but I didn't know how to without you thinking that I was like him too."

"You had a year Johnson, a whole fucking year to tell me that you at least had a brother who was after you because of a fucking mistake your ex-girlfriend made you make years ago." She spat, noticing he winced as she made a reference to Victoria and to his sister.

His dead sister.

"I fucked up okay? I fucked up big time and I put you in danger and do I regret it? Of course I do! I didn't mean to put the one person I care about most in this God dammed world in danger." He raised his voice and flung his arms above his head in frustration.

At this point everyone in the house was silently staring at them, to intrigued to even pretend not to be paying attention to them by now.

"You could have stopped him. You could have said no." He added after a few seconds of silence.

"What did you just say."

"You could have told him to go away! You should have been with me, not alone. Maybe you even tried to get him on purpose." Casey spat at her.

"Are you accusing me of almost getting raped? Are you accusing me that he got away? That's like telling someone who has cancer that it's not the cancers fault that the person is dying, it's their fault!" She screamed at him, before jumping down from the counter and attempting to run out of the kitchen, but failing as he grabbed the top of her arm and pulling her back.

"We aren't done here Bella."

"Actually I think you'll find that we are done. For good." Bella ripped her arm from his grip.

"What the fuck does that mean." He growled.

"It means we are over." Bella's voice was shaky as she backed away from the kitchen and ran upstairs, closely followed by Jake and Barclay.

Millie on the other hand slowly walked over to Casey.

"What is your problem asshole." She whispered, almost deathly quiet.

"Millie..." Charlie warned, but she turned to give him a 'don't fuck with me right now' glare.

"I hope you know that Bella didn't have the guts to do this, so I'm taking her place." She smirked.

"Do what." Casey asked, half amused.

"This." She hissed as she brought her knee up to kick him in the balls.

Maybe Millie was a good wingwoman at the end of the day.