Chapter 3

After an ackward introduction in homeroom that consisted of standing up in front of the glass and telling facts about myself, I was off to Physics. The nerves were beginning to set in, but it was excited nerves. I was excited to see Dick. I missed him. Or at least I missed the person that he used to be. Finally making my way into the classroom, I sat down at a lab table in the back of the room when the teacher came in and told us not to get settled, as he was putting us in alphabetical order. I internally groaned, knowing that I would have to be closer to the front. But all of those thoughts washed away when he walked in.

I knew it was him right away. He looked different from is persona as the Boy Wonder. Here at school, he looked more refined. His hair was more controlled and he looked younger. His well defined arms were hidden under his uniform blazer, and his eyes showed freely. The beautiful blue eyes that I missed oh so much.He was talking to a girl with pretty red hair. Barbara Gordon aka. Batgirl. It wasn't really that hard to snoop out her secret identity, and I had to make it my buisness to know these things. His cocky smirk played on his face as she laughed at something he said. Everything about him just screamed  'Cool' and he seemed to know it. Even though his secret identity was basically a nerd, he knew who he was, and that was enough to give him an ego. And I mean honestly, who could blame him?

"Starling Grant?" The teahcer called. I quickly stood up and walked up to his desk, brushing past Dick in the process without making eye contact. Get a grip Lexi. "You're new, am I correct?" I nodded and he smiled at me. "It's a pleasure to have you. From your transcripts, I can tell that you will be very successful here. If you need anything at all, please let me know." After smiling and saying a sweet thank you, I scurried back over to my table.

"Alright class, settle down. Welcome to my Honors Physics class. I'm not going to lie to you, this course will be tough, but I promise that if you work hard, you will reap the rewards in the end. Now if you all would pay attention, I'll be putting you in alphabetical order." There was a collective groan. "Oh none of that. Now in the front Becky Aflred and..." I tuned him out, staring at the back of Dick's head. He was typing away on his laptop, but I couldn't see what he was writing. "...Ms. Grant!" My head snapped up. Everyone, including the teacher, was looking at me.

"Sorry, sir." I mumbled.

"Daydreaming will not be tolerated. Now have a seat." he said sternly, pointing to a lab table in the middle of the classroom. I gathered up my things and landed with a plop. "And next to Ms. Grant with be Mr. Grayson." Well I hadn't thought of that. Of course now that I think of it, out last names were extremely close together. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the chair next to me moving and shifting as someone sat down.

"Don't worry about Mr. Eldridge, he's just an old stiff." the voice whispered to me. I slowly looked up to find him smiling at me. "I'm Richard by the way. Richard Grayson. But everyone calls me Dick." He stuck his hand out to me. I just stared at it and he laughed at me. "It's alright babe, I don't bite." I reached out and shook his hand, sighing at the feeling of touching him. I hadn't in so long.

"Sorry, I'm just alittle shy. The whole new girl thing I guess. I'm Starling Grant, but you can call me Star. Everyone else does. " I told him, only slightly lieing about the shy thing. "It's nice to meet you, Dick." I tried not to act casual with him, because this was supposed to be my first time meeting him. I had to act like a complete stranger, and not someone who knew virtually everything about him.

"Same here, Star. Hey can I see your schedule? We might have more classes together." I nodded and pulled the paper out of my pocket, handing it to him. He matched it with his, grinning like a mad man. "We have everything except English, History, and French!" he exclaimed, handing me back my schedule. I shrugged.

"Cool. I guess I'll be seeing you around then." He smirked.

"Yeah. And I must say, I'm impressed. You're taking more Honors and AP than me. That's a first." he chuckled to himself. "Must have a large brain in that pretty head of yours." he flirted. I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of flirting back. He didn't deserve it. Things were going exactly as planned.

"I just want to get into a good university, so I take challenging classes." I said non-chalantly. It wasn't a total lie, but it wasn't the full truth.

"Understandable." he replied, unphrased at my un-responsiveness. The bell rang, and as the class began to file out, I grabbed my things. "I'll walk you to class. We can't have you getting lost, now can we?" I rolled my eyes as he followed me out the door. It felt so strange to be near him again, and to know that I would be seeing him daily. We walked through the bustling halls in silence, but I was slight;y struggling to balance all of the textbooks. Taking notice, Dick grabbed all of my books from me, and tucked them under his arm. I notched an eyebrow at this, but he just kept looking straight ahead, smiling slightly. Boys.

"And here we are." he annouced as we approached Pre-Cal. "Ladies first." he bowed dramatically. I grabbed my books from him and walked into the room, sitting alittle towards the middle so I would be able to pay attention. Any sort of math was my weak spot, so I needed a good seat. "Babe, you left me!" Dick whined, flopping into the seat next to mine.

"Don't call me babe." I said, not really paying attention to him.

"Ok... babe." and then he began giggling like the Joker. Strange boy he was indeed. This was going to be a long day.