Chapter 26

-Dick's POV-

It's been a little under two weeks since Lexi broke into my room. I see her at school everyday. She ignores me, and it's as if she never knew that I existed. She started eating lunch with the gymnastics team for a few days, but then she just started eating alone in the library. I, of course, eat alone on my bench. It's been two weeks since she's spoken to me, and boy do I miss her voice. I've tried to get her to speak to me, but it always ends with me talking to myself, because she dissappears. So that's what that feels like.

Batman hasn't summoned us on a mission, or said anything about figuring out the riddle, and I can honestly say that I could care less. I'm much more interested in getting my girl back. 

I needed her to know what was really going through my mind when I left her. I needed her to understand that I was only trying to protect her, and that it killed me. How it broke my heart to see her so sad. And how it was breaking my heart now to know that I was the reason that the most perfect girl in the world hated everything about herself. And she felt that way because I basically told her to. I watched her everyday, a silent guardian, protecting her from nothing. Because really, she could take care of herself. What she really needed protecting from was me. She had been so set on getting back at me, and yet, she let herself fall for me. And what did I do? I broke her again. So I watched her go through the motions of daily life. School, studying and homework, doing things with the family, and going to sleep. Or at least, trying to go to sleep. I don't think that she ever actually slept. Call me a creeper, but I watched her from outside of her window, and every night she slept with that god-damned picture pressed to her chest, with her arms wrapped around herself. It was almost as if she was actually trying to physically hold herself together, trying not to fall apart at the seams. Everyday, she came to school looking more and more exhausted, less alive. Less there.

I could tell that her depression was getting worse. She hid it well, and if I didn't know her so well, I wouldn't be able to detect it. She put a smile on her face and concealer under her eyes, putting on a show for the rest of the world. But it was fake, almost like she practiced her smile in the mirror. I wanted to help her, to take away the pain, but I didn't know how. I now understood why Batman said that relationships didn't work out for people like us. But I wasn't going to let a hero's bad luck with love ruin my life. I had to make her understand.I can change her mind, turn it all around. I can make her listen this time; I'll confess to her that I'm still in love. Because without her, I'm better off dead.

But that'll have to wait, because of course, Batman decides to work on the riddle case now.

---------------------------------

This is just a filler chapter. I wanted you guys to know how Dick feels about everything and that he isn't just being a ... dick xD COMMENT AND VOTE!