Chapter 33

Last chapter! ENJOY!

-Dick's POV-

I watched solemly as Lexi hugged her family goodbye. We were at the airport, where she was about to fly off to her new school in California. She was really doing the absolute most to get away from me. After she finished her goodbyes, she walked over to me, her head hung. We stood like that awckwardly for a few moments, me with my hands shoved stubbornly in my pockets and her arms wrapped behind her back, until I finally gave in, pulling her into a bone crushing hug. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pressed her face into my chest.

"Be safe." I told her.

"I will."  I stroked her hair, holding her close. Why did she have to leave me? "I'll miss you." she mumbled.

"Then don't go." I urged. I knew that it wouldn't work. I had been trying to convince her not to go everyday since she told me.

"I need to." she insisted.

"Flight to Los Angelos, Caifornia departute time: seven minutes." The intercom called.

"That would be me." she sighed, wiping the tears from her cheeks. I took her face in my hands and wiped her tears with my thumbs. I hated seeing her cry, not matter what the circumstances.

"I should be the one crying Lexi, not you." I sighed. Her sobs got harder.

"I love you so much, Dick."

"I love you more, beautiful." I pressed a kiss to her forehead. "You don't have to go. You don't have to leave me."

"I do." There was no swaying her in this descision.

"Then you should get going." I took my hands away from her face.

She looked at me for a moment, then pulled my ring off of her hand, offering it to me."Here."

"Keep it."I told her, taking it from her and sliding it back onto her finger. "It belongs to you. I still stand by what I said. If you'll have me, we're going to be together again." A fresh wave of tears poured down her cheek and she didn't attempt to brush them away.

"I owe you."

"What?" I asked, confused.

"You saved me from Deathstroke. That made us uneven. So if you ever need me... I owe you a favor. Even if I haven't come back yet, I will if you need me."

"I'll take you up on that."

"It's one favor. Use it wisely." She smiled slightly, leaning forward and pressing her lips to mine in a short, sweet kiss. "Goodbye Dick." She said. Then she turned and boarded the plane. She didn't look back once. And that's when I knew. She isn't coming back. I thought to myself. Even if she wanted to, or planned on it. She wasn't. I didn't blame her either. The only way that she was going to come back was if I asked her. If I needed her. So I was going to have to bide my time. That way, when she did come, she was  going to stay. I was going to convince her.Because I can't lose her again. Not this time.

The End.

----------------------------------------------------------

IT'S OVER! COMMENT AND VOTE! CHECK MY PROFILE FOR THE SEQUEL. I'LL START IT THIS WEEK!!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!