Chapter 15

I think that everytime they are heros, I'll make it Dick's POV, with a few acceptions. Kay. Enjoy!

-Dick's POV-

"Eye on your opponent!"Batman called from the sidelines as we watched Fox take down the fight simulator machine. She was in the zone, but every now and then, she would look slightly distracted. Either way, she was winning.She hit the final power switch and cartwheeled over to us as the machine powered down.

"Soo..?" she asked, adjusting her belt.

"It was satisfactory." Batman told her. He never could give a 'good job'. But it didn't seem to bother her, since she grinned. "You should get going. It's late. Get some rest. I'm sending the team out on a mission in the morning. Rendezvous at Mount Justice at 8:00 am. I have to go. It's my duty at the watchtower." And with a flash of the zeta-beam, he was gone.

"Well... Guess I'll be on my way then." she shrugged, walking over to the zeta-tubes.

"Wait." she stopped turning to look at me. I almost forgot what I was going to say when she looked at me. I knew that I would never get over her eyes. They were so... intense. Just like hers. "I-I... never formally welcomed you to the team."

"Well, thanks Wonder Boy. Good to know that I have your approval." she laughed.

"I didn't mean that you needed my permission or anything... I mean..."

"I'm kidding Bird Boy." she snorted,laughing at my discomfort. "I actually mean it. it's good to know that you're okay with me being here." she smiled, before zapping out, leaving me alone in the Cave.

"Master Dick."Alfred called just as I was about to go inside. He came down into the cave holding a tray of cookies.  "I wasn't sure how long you'd be down here, so I brought snacks."

I smiled, loving his thoughtfulness. "Thanks Alfred. But don't make a habit of coming down here. We have a new cave resident." I told him, aking a cookie and munching on it.

"Ah, yes. Master Bruce mentioned her. Do you know anything about her?"he inquired.

"Nope." I shook my head. "Not a thing."

"Well, then she sounds like a good addition to the family." he laughed as we made our way to the elevator up to the manor.

"I guess so. She's good at what she does." I shrugged as the elevator opened up. I could hear my phone ringing from my bedroom which was strange since no one ever, and I mean never, called. Expect Alfred or Bruce on the rare occasion. So of course I ran to answer when it rang. The number was unknown, but I answered it anyways. "Hello?"

"Hey Dick, it's Star. I hope it's okay that a searched your number..." Star said from the other end. I grinned, quickly closing my door to give myself some privacy.

"Star, hey! Yeah it's totally fine. How are you feeling?" I asked her, worried about her headache from yesterday.

"Great, I feel so much better." she assured me.

"Awesome. So did you want something?" I wondered, curious about why she had called. "Not that you need a reason to call! Because you can call anytime you want! It's just... I mean... ah..."

She giggled. "No worries Dick. I get it. It's totally random and out of the ordinary, not to mention super last minute, but would you like to come to a wedding with me? It's one of my sister's friends from college who's getting married, and she invited our entire family, but she wants me bring a plus one..."

"So when is it?" I asked her. Of course I was going to go.

"Tonight..."

"Tonight?! Well, you were right when you said last minute."I laughed as I went over to my closet and picked out one of my suits, about to shower.

"Yeah, I know. It's totally fine if you can't, it's just-"

"No worries. I'll be there. When do I need to meet you? Should I pick you up or...?" 

"It's up to you. We can take the car with the rest of my family, minus my sister and my dad. My sister is the maid of honor and my dad offered to drive her. So it would be you, me, my mom, my brother, and his girlfriend." she explained. I gulped when she said the word 'brother'. I knew she heard it. "Listen, if you're uncomfortable, you don't have to come. It's fine, reall-"

"No." I cut her off. If I wanted anything out of this friendship, I had to show her brother that I wasn't afraid of him and the rest of her family that I was a good guy. "I'll be there. I promise. Just give me ten minutes to shower and get dressed, then I'll be there as soon as possible. And we can ride with your family."

"Alright. My mom wants to leave in an hour. Thanks so much, Dick."

"No problem. I'll uh.. see you soon."

"Yeah, see you soon." she said, hanging up. I jumped in the shower, washing my body with the most expensive body wash I had. Alfred always kept me stocked for events the Bruce Wayne might need to attend, but I rarely used them. Now, I wanted to smell good, and I thanked Alfred for his annoyingness. I jumped out, dried my hair and body, and quickly put on my underwear and pants. Having an idea, I texted Star.

What color is your dress? -x

She replied quickly. Black... why?-x

No reason... see you in a few. -x

I grabbed a dark grey dress shirt and a black tie, rather than the white shirt I had been planning on wearing, and quickly threw them on. Grabbing my phone and my wallet, I bolted out the door. "Bye Alfred! I yelled, slamming the garage door shut, jumping in my car, and speading off. I was excited, and hardly nervous about what I was about to do. All because I was going to see Star. Man... I'm whipped...

------------------------------------

1000 reads, and over 100 votes! You guys are the best!! anyways, random pic on the side. And funny videooo.. I was going to finish this chapter, but I have to cut it off cuz I need to do my homework. I'll update soon!!! Promise!! Comment and Voteee!! <3