Chapter 22

Alright guys... I hate missions, so bear with me.

"Ready?" Dick called from the other side of the door. We were at the Houston Rodeo, and I was getting dressed in our RV, courtousy of Batman.

"Yeah just a second." I pulled on my boots over my jeans and slapped on my hat, opening the door so that he could enter. "Well?"

"You look great." he laughed, twirling me. I forced myself to smile back at him, because he hated when I put myself down. "Here, put these on." he handed me a pair of dark sunglasses that looked similar to the ones that he had. I slipped them on.

"Yeah, this doesn't look suspicious at all." I joked. He playfully narrowed his eyes at me, and flicked my nose. "So, what's the plan?"

"Waiting for Ms. M to finish getting ready so that we can link up and have a briefing." I nodded.

"Lets scope out the grounds." I suggested. He agreed, and together we stepped out into the sunlight. People in attire similar to ours milled around, playing carnival games, and having an all out good time. "This way."I told him. We flashed our passes to some guards and went in the back where the animals were kept.

"What are we doing back here?" he whispered.

"I want to get a sample of the stuff, and check the animals feeding times." we looked around. "Over there." There was a huge pile of bags, exactly like the ones they were loading into the truck.

"What brand is this?" I wondered aloud. "There's no label. Which is strange. At a large scale event like this, they usually have one of the big brand names."

"Let's just get the sample before we get caught." he said, looking around. I rolled my eyes, but heeded his advice, tearing open the bag and taking a few and putting them in a baggy. I stuffed it in my pocket and we high-tailed it out of there.

"Wait." I jogged over to an attractive blonde boy who looked about my age and was standing with his horse.

"Excuse me?" I flirted in a fake Southern voice.

"Well hellooo there gorgeous. What can I do for you?"

"Well, my friend and I was just wonderin' when they were comin'round with the feed."

"You musta missed the announcement. The horses get fed last at round 1:00 and the bulls and cattle and stuff get fed round 11:00."

"Thanks!" I smiled, running back to Dick.

"What was that?!" he hissed, pulling me into a corner.

"I just found out the feeding times. Take a chill pill Rob." I snorted.

"I'm sorry, it's just... I feel protective of you. You know that."

"It's fine. Let's just get back." We made our way back to the RV, where the rest of the team was waiting, looking rather pissed.

"Where were you?!" Aqualad yelled.

"Chill Kaldur. We were gathering intel." I said, waving the bag in front of his face. I pulled out my wrist computer and did a scan of the contents of the bag. The analyis matched the feed that was scanned at the factory. "It's a match. We also got the feeding schedule. We have a few hours to somehow destroy the bags WITHOUT getting noticed. My event is at 10:30, but I'm not going to try to make it into the finals. Someone had to compete in something for us to get the passes. I'm registered under Lani."

"Miss Martian, link us up."

Everyone online? We nodded.

Okay, I say that we do this the easy way. Clear the area and blow the lot up. Sound like a plan? Dick suggested. Everyone nodded.  Good.