Chapter 11

"Mom, pleeaassee?" I begged. It was 7:00 in the morning, and Alfred was calling me down for breakfast. But that wasn't the problem. The problem was that my mother had gotten a call for a spot on a major case which required her to fly out of Gotham all the way to Steel City this morning. In other words, she couldn't pick me up. As for my dad, he was stuck in the office with a pile of paperwork. And both my brother and sister were busy so they coudn't either. Which only left either Dick or Alfred, both of which I didn't want to ride with.

"I'm sorry sweetie, but I cant fly back right now, could I? I'm sorry, either get a ride or walk. Now I've got to go." and she hung up. Gee, love you too mom.

"Ms. Star, won't you join Master Dick for breakfast? He refuses to eat until you join him, no matterhow many times I've told him that females tend to take longer to get ready for the day." he called through the door. Sighed, I checked my reflection. I was dressed in the same clothes as yesterday, as Alfred had washed them for me. I had luckily found some concealer in one of the pockets of my bag, and managed to cover the bruise. I didn't want Dick to have another breakdown. My hair was down in it's natural wavy state. I couldn't help but wish for my natural hair back. I really hated being blonde. No offense to blondes, but it just wasn't me. I wanted the hair that my mother had given me back. 

"Sorry Alfred, I'm ready." I told him. He smiled at me, then turned, leading me to the dining room. Dick sat there at the head of the table, looking bored, twirling his orange juice around with his straw. When a sat down, he looked up.

"Alfreeddd, why didn't you tell me she was coming? I wanted to pull out her chair for her!" he whined.

"I can pull out my own chair Dick." I laughed, rolling my eyes as Alfred put a plate of chocolate chip pancakes and scrambled eggs with bacon in from of me. "Thanks Alfred." I grinned up at him. He sent me a soft smile, wandering back into the kitchen.

"I know that..." Dick mumbled, shoving some eggs into his mouth, pouting slightly. It was extremely cute. I tucked into my food, loving the delicious pancakes. "Hey Star?" I looked up at him, swallowing down the last bit of my food that I had been chewing. "I know you told me to forget about it, but I'm really sorry about your cheek."

Rolling my eyes, I said,"Dick, it's fine. The bruise is gone. See?" I showed him my cheek.

"Star, I may be a boy, but I used to be in the circus. I know what makeup is. I can still see it slightly." he snorted.

"Dick... what can I do to make you understand that I forgive you?" I sighed.

"Nothing. I already know that you forgive me. But I can't forgive myself. I know it hurts you Star. I can't forgive myself for hurting you. I should never have even laid a hand on you. Accident or not. And now your in pain, and I can't make it better." I couldn't believe how much he was beating himself up over this. I needed to get him to stop. Then I remembered that he used to do the same thing when we were little. Remember when we were young and you thought that mommy's kisses fixed everything? Well, Dick wouldn't stop until I let him kiss my wound. Then he would think that it was all gone. So I got an idea.

"Dick, will you kiss it and make it better?" I said in my best cute little girl voice. He looked at me, confused. "Pweeaasee Dick? Kiss my ouchy and make it better." I whined like I used to. He grinned slightly.

"Come here." he said, gesturing for me to come in for a hug. I stood up and walked over to him, leaning down for a hug, but he wrapped me up in his arms and pulled into his lap. "I'm so sorry." he whispered into my hair.

"I know." I told him, slightly taken aback by the boldness of his action. "But the only way to make it stop hurt is to kiss ittttt." I said in a sing song voice, pointing to my cheek as I pulled back from the hug. He grinned, flashing his perfect teeth, as he leaned in. His soft pink lips pressed ever so gently on my cheek, lingering there for a total of ten seconds. And yes, I counted.

"There. All better?" he asked, now in a much better mood. I grinned, nodding as I stood up from his lap, slightly uncomfortable with the position. I ignored the look of dissappointment on his face. "So, when is your mom coming to get you?" he asked as I took a seat, sipping on my chocolate milk.

"I actually needed to talk to you about that. I kinda need a ride. She had to fly out of town for work and my dad is super busy, as well as my siblings..."

"No problem, I'll drive you whenever you're ready. We can go now if you want."

"Thanks, I'll just go grab my bag." I dashed upstairs, collected my things, making sure not to leave anything, and ran back out to the front door, where did was waiting in front of a shiny black Audi. "Yours?" I asked him.

"Yup." he said cockily, opening the door for me. Once we were both settled, we sped off down the driveway.