Chapter 21

-IT'S FREAKING DICK'S POV BITCHES!- (sorry I had to..)

"Hey Dick." Star greeted as she entered the BatCave. I smiled, getting up from polishing my bike, and went to give her a hug. We had Friday off from school for some reason, and seeing as it was Saturday, I hadn't seen her since Thursday. Unacceptable.

"Hello beautiful." I flirted shamelessly, pulling her into a hug. She wrapped her arms around me, but sighed. I didn't realize it before we had talked two weeks ago at her barn, but she hated compliments. She accepted them to be polite, but it was almost as if she didn't believe them. I was noticing alot of things about her. Like how she wasn't always... there. She kept her depression well hidden, but I could see through what she called her mask now. And I didn't like the pain that I saw there. "Is it... bad today?" I had to ask. Some days her depression was almost non-existent, but on other days, even if she looked okay on the outside, I knew that she wasn't.

"No." she said immediately. I knew that she was lying.

"Star, don't lie to me. Please?"

"Alright, fine. It's... it's bad."she admitted. When she saw my concerned expression, she added, "But it isn't as bad as it could be though. It's been getting better." I liked to think that I was helping her through it. Or maybe her dog was a good listener. Who knows?

She smiled at me and reached up, peeling off my mask. "When you put this on, I miss your eyes." She whispered, looking at me with her beautiful contacts. Sometimes I felt like they were a better fit for her than her natural brown ones. Before I could say anything else, she said, "We should go before Bats makes us wash the BatPod again." I laughed.

"Yeah, you're right." I slipped my mask back on, and she did the same with hers.

"Hey Dick?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think that I could wear one of your masks today? I think that I'll start wearing these instead."

"Sure, but are you going to keep your name?" I asked, handing her one of my extras.

She nodded. "Yeah, I just feel like mine gets in the way alot, you know?" I shrugged, watching her slip it on and her eyes disappear. She smiled, tossing her other one on the floor. "Let's go." We Zeta'd to the Mount Justice, early for once, to find that Bruce hadn't even arrived yet.

"Hey guys." Wally said, appearing out of nowhere. "Woah, Fox, liking the new look. Guess Bats rubbed off on you with the mysteriousness, huh?"

She laughed. "Something like that."

"Dude, she's like... the girl version of you, but you know... blonde."

"Hello Fox. Robin." Aqualad greeted, walking over to us.

"Hey Kaldur." Fox smiled, acting like her accident a few weeks ago hadn't happened. "How's everything?"

"It could be better." I knew that he was referring to her. After Tula had broken his heart, he never really got over it. When he met Star, I think that he was beginning to. And I mean, I don't blame him, but no way was I letting her go to him without a fight.

"I'm sorry that something is bothering you." She said, smiling and putting a hand on his shoulder. "But it gets better. Or at least... that's what they tell me." she added, smiling at me for a moment. He was going to say something, but Batman Zeta'd into the Cave.

"Team, I know that you were expecting a mission, but I have yet to figure out where that shipment was delivered to. Our best guess is to find the trigger and shut it down, because it might take too long to figure out where the shipment is going." Star raised her hand.

"I know where it's going." Everyone looked at her.

"Pardon?"Batman question.

"Yeah, I thought that it was obvious."she shrugged, walking over to the super computer. "That shipment was going to one place, right?" Everyone nodded. "And it was a huge shipment, which means that wherever it's going, they need alot of feed. And what the biggest livestock show in the world?" We all looked blankly at her, having no idea. She sighed, searching something on the computer. A website appeared.

TEXAS
Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo

November/ December
Houston, Texas

Since the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo was established in 1931, it has made an impressive footprint on the livestock and entertainment industries and in the sport of rodeo. Today it is the world’s largest livestock exhibition, world’s largest rodeo and premier entertainment event with no less than 19,000 volunteers who annually contribute their time to take part in what is known as “The heartbeat of the Southwest”.

With a livestock competitions, shopping, food, carnival, action-packed rodeo events and superstars in concert, there is something for the whole family.

For more information visit: www.rodeohouston.com

"Well Team, looks like you're going to Texas.

----------------------------------------------------

WOOP! Next chapter is going to be fuuunnn to write. I live in TX. And to be clear, the rodeo is actually in March, but it didn't fit with the story, so I changed it. Link to the site I copied the think from http://www.topeventsusa.com/rodeo-events.html for plagiarism reasons. Hope you guys enjoyed! Alittle less dark from the last chapter. PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE. and Aqualad/Star, Fox Lexi ORRRRR Dick/Star, Fox, Lexi??????