Chapter 27

-Dick's POV-

When I Zeta'd into Mount Justice, I was greeting by Batman and the team. They stared at me like I was an alien.

"Took you long enough." Batman's gruff voice said as I approached. I shrigged, not really caring. Everyone kept looking at me.

"What?" I snapped, annoyed.

"Where's Fox?" Batman asked.

"How am I suppose to know?"I growled. That's when Aqualad decided to speak up.

"She just radio'd me. She should be here momentarily." A few seconds later, and she ran into the Cave.

"Sorry." she huffed, jogging over and standing next to Artemis. "I was pretty far away from the closest Zeta tube."

"It's fine." Batman told her. "I called you here to talk about Riddler. I have a few ideas about the riddle, but I can't be one hundred percent, and I don't want to send any of you in there in case it's a trap. The Justice League has reason to believe that he is working with the Light. But seeing as they haven't been a threat lately, we have decided to ignore this for now until further notice. Dissmissed." And then he Zeta'd out of the Cave, to the Watchtower no doubt. 

"This is ridiculous!" Wally exclaimed when we were alone. "Why don't they just send us in, we take em all down, and be done with it!?"

Artemis spoke up next. "For once I agree with Wally. They need to stop treating us like children."

Then Fox stepped forward, a deadly smirk on her face. "Then why don't we do something about it." She walked in front of the group. "I know what the riddle is."

"Well spit it out, beautiful!" Wally prompted.

"Your name." When we all looked at her, confused, she elaborated. "What is something that belongs to you, but is used by others? Your name."

"It makes sense, Fox, but it really could be anything." Aqualad tried to reason with her.

"Who cares? We have the man power, so why don't we just go in, take him down, and demand that he tell us who is behind all of this?"

"Batman said that he might be working with the Light." Aqualad countered. "If this is a trap, then entire team will be at risk. I cannot do that."

"Fine." she shrugged. "Send me."

"No!" Both Aqualad and I shouted at the same time, actually agreeing for the first time in months.

"I will NOT send you into a probable trap alone." Kaldur told her sternly.

"Listen Kaldur, if you don't send me, I'll go anyways." she told him, inspecting her nails.

"Tell me you're bluffing." I said exasperatedly, running my hands over my face. What she was doing wasn't making any sense.

"No, I'm true to my word." she said harshly, her words stinging my heart. If only she knew the truth.

"Fine." I walked up to her. "If you go, I'll go."

"I don't want or need your help Wonder Boy." she snorted.

"Doesn't matter, I'm going anyways. Besides, I know exactly where to find him."

"If you know, then it shouldn't be too hard for me to figure it out."

"Let me put it this way sweetheart. If you go alone, I tell the Justice League. Batman will make sure you don't go anywhere." I smirked, praying that she wouldn't call my bluff. Luckily, she didn't, but behind her mask, I knew that she was narrowing her eyes at me.

"Whatever." she huffed.

"NEITHER OF YOU ARE GOING!" Kaldur snapped. "And that is FINAL. Clear out." he told the resst of the team, and they all either left the Cave, or went to do their own thing.

"You're still going, aren't you?" I asked her when we were alone.

"Yup."

"Then you know that I'm going too, right?"

"Unfortunatly." she sighed, staring to walk to the Zeta tube. "All aboard who's going aboard." she arched an eyebrow at me. I joined her at the Zeta tube. Right before we were zapped back to Gotham, she added, "By the way... happy belated birthday." Maybe there was hope afterall.