Chapter 2

It was six o'clock when I woke up after crying myself to sleep. I didn't wake up on my own though; my phone was ringing. I reluntantly got out of bed and retrieved my phone from my purse. Bianca was calling me.

"Hey, why didn't you call me when you got off?" she questioned.

I have to make sure I don't sound down or else Bianca will ask what's wrong and I'll spill my guts. "Sorry babes. I was just so ready to get home."

"Oh. Well I was thinking we should head to Mauritizo's tonight. Ladies get in free until midnight. We should arrive around ten-thirty."

I groan. "B, I really don't feel like going out tonight. I'm sorry."

"Hold up, hold up, hold up! This morning you were down! What happened between then and now that you don't wanna roll out with me?" she hisses.

I got my heart broke.

"Nothing happened. Just had a long day." I lie to my best friend.

"Mhmhmm." she snorts.

"I'll make it up to you. We can go to the spa this weekend. Everything's on me." I tell her hoping she'll take the bait and let me stay home to wallow in my misery.

"Nope, sorry. As much as I love having Xavier rub me down and loosen my tense muscles, we are going out tonight. I'll be by your place at ten so be ready."

Bianca hangs up in my face before I can protest. I blow out a breath and my stomach starts growling like a rabid pit bull. I forgot that I skipped lunch and then came home and wore myself out crying over Michael.

Just thinking about him and the dumb decision he made hours ago made my heart swell. Was he really through with me? Would he really go on with his life without having me in it? What the hell was I going to do?

Move on with your life and find a man who will love and cherish you the way you deserve.

For once I needed to listen to that voice within. I crawled out of bed and made my way out of my bedroom. I made slow steps down the hall and when I got into the living room I let out a blood curtling scream as I saw Michael sitting on my couch.

"Hey beautiful." He looked at me with a sad smile on his face.

What the hell was he doing here? After I composed myself I looked down at Michael's hand and saw him cradling a key; a key to my condo.

He stood and moved slowly toward me. He kept his eyes on my face until he stood right before me. I lifted my chin so that I could look into his face since he was about five inches taller than me.

"I needed to drop this off." he said and held up the key. "It would've been too much temptation to keep it within reach."

I frowned and angrily snatched the key from his fingers. "If that was all you came to do then you can leave." I spat at him.

I moved from in front of him and marched into the kitchen. I placed my hand on the nearest counter and pushed my body away from it while taking deep breaths. I turned to the entrance and saw Michael standing there, the look on his face told me he was debating with his thoughts.

"I never meant to hurt you Gia." he said barely above a whisper.

I scoff. "Get out Michael. Go home to your pregnant wife."

I turn my head away from him and fight not to cry. He will not see me cry twice in one day.

I hear his footsteps carry him into the kitchen. He is right next to me and I feel him move my hair away from my neck. He bends down and attaches his lips to my skin. What the hell is he doing?