Chapter 3

We arrived at the club right at ten-thirty. Bianca paid the driver and we walked past the long ass line right up to the front entrance. Bianca's cousin was one of the security guards so it was perk knowing that even if we had to pay, we didn't have wait in line.

Bianca hugs her cousin as the other guards step aside to allow us entrance to the club. The spot is already crowded and there are dozens of people at the bar; even more on the dance floor. I feel Bianca grab my arm and pull me into her body.

"Grab us a table and I'll grab us a few drinks." she yells in my ear so I can hear her over the music.

I nod and she releases me. I watch her sashay to the bar and notice a handful of dudes checking out her ass in that tight dress; I don't blame them, if I was a dude I'd want to hit that too.

I chuckle to myself as I turn and look for an empty table. Luckily since people have flocked to the dance floor and bar there are several to choose from. I pick a table not to far from Bianca and when I see her accept two drinks from the bartender, I wave her over.

She makes her way to our table and a handful of guys follow her. They all ask both our names and we give them the fake names we came up with for ourselves back in high school. I was Dominique while Bianca was Trina.

I take my drink from Bianca and sip it while one guy is all up in Bianca's grill. I ignore the guy trying to make small talk and he gets so discouraged that he leaves the table but not before calling me a stuck up bitch.

I laugh off his comment and then I spot Craig entering the club with his boys. I nudge Bianca and tilt my head in his direction when she looks at me. She sucks her teeth and swallows a large gulp of her drink.

"Fuck him." she spits and turns in her seat, away from her admirer, to look at me. "So, you want to tell me why you really didn't call me earlier today?"

I look at her confused. "What?"

I called your office today around two to see if you wanted to join me for lunch and Natalie told you were sick and went home."

I cringe at the death stare she is giving me. She is my best friend so I needed to confide in her. She already knew all the sordid details of Michael and I's relationship anyway.

"Michael dumped me." I tell her.

Her mouth drops open so low it hits the floor. "Seriously?! You're shitting me right?"

I slump my shoulders in sadness. "I wish."

She places her hand on my back and rubs it lovingly. "Oh, sweetie I am so sorry. After all these years? Hell, I thought you would be the one to end his little selfish escapades."

I should have left his ass. Mary J's song blasted in my head as the last eight years with Michael flashed before my eyes. I downed my drink to mask them.

Bianca slams her empty glass on the table and I look at her as she yells at the sting of her alcohol. "Well Gia baby, you know the old saying? The best way to get over an old man is to get under a new one!"

She sexily dances in her seat getting the attention of the men at the table. The man next to me leans in and whispers in my ear.

"I thought your name was Dominique."

I laugh as the DJ drops Beyonce's 'Dance For You'. Bianca loves this song as she calls it the perfect lap dance song. She stands and extends her hand to me.

"Come on, let's show 'em how bad bitches do this!"

I smile and take her hand. She leads me to the dance floor and we begin a routine we had made up for this song. Bianca and I move to the beat in a slow, sexy manner and focus on a guy in the crowd.