Chapter 11

QUEN’S POV

I chuckled as Gia informed me she had a date for Kent. I already knew who that girl was. I felt Bianca deserved a better guy than Craig. He screamed player and Bianca was like Gia, a girl who should be your one and only.

I was a bit bummed when Gia told me she and Bianca were going to be having a girl’s night and I wasn’t invited because I didn’t have a vajayjay. Well, I would have a boy’s night; this would give me a chance to convince Kent to go on this date.

I called Kent from my office and he was down to hang out tonight. I finished up my work and left the office around four. Before going home I stopped at a jewelry store and purchased a diamond bracelet and a ruby encrusted ring.

The bracelet was Bianca; which I would give to Kent to give to her as a gift and the ring was for Gia. Ruby was her birthstone.

It was around six o’clock when I arrived at my apartment. I called Kent and told him I would pick him up in an hour. I took a shower and dressed in a plain green tee, jeans and a leather jacket. Once I placed on my sneakers, I left and headed for the farm.

Kent was waiting for me at the gate. He got into the passenger seat and looked excited about hanging out with me. Well, I was technically the only person besides his parents that Kent was totally comfortable around.

“Where we headed?” he asked as I pulled onto the street.

“We’re just going to this sports bar downtown. Have a few beers, check out the game.”

I look over at him and he is frowning.

“We can do that back at the farm.”

I chuckle. “I know but I also want to talk to you about something and I don’t want Aunt Charlie or Uncle Ray to overhear.”

He just nods and sits back in his seat.

We arrive at the sports bar an hour later and I lead Kent to the bar. I order us each a beer and the bartender hands us a bottle as well as placing a bowl of peanuts in front of us.

“So, what did you want to talk about?” Kent asks as he sips his beer.

“Well, Gia has a date for you tomorrow.” I blurt out and Kent spits out the sip of beer he just took onto the countertop.

I laugh as the bartender rushes over with a cloth, cleaning up the mess. Kent coughs a bit as he looks at me.

“Quen, you know how I am around girls. I wouldn’t last five minutes. Tell her to call it off.” he says while dropping his head to look at the beer in his hands.

I place my hand on his shoulder and he looks at me. “It will be fine. I’ve met this girl and not only is she pretty but she’s so nice and I know she’ll like you and vice versa. I know you don’t want to be alone on Valentine’s Day. Your parents are going out so you’ll be with Ichabod and Ethel. You don’t want that, do you?”

He sighs and shakes his head no.

“Good. Don’t worry too much about it, it’s not like you two will get married after one date. Just relax.”

I pat his shoulder and he looks at one of the plasma TVs while drinking his beer. I did the same and we left the sports bar a little before midnight.

GIA’S POV

Bianca sat on my couch in her pajamas waiting for me to come out of the kitchen with everything we needed to indulge ourselves and forget out our troubles. She already had the first movie we planned on watching in the Blu-ray player: Waiting to Exhale.